Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Son is chewing tobacco

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband was looking for something in my son's drawer this morning and found a few chewing tobacco containers and a spit bottle. He is almost 16.

Good punishments for this is very welcome.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I wouldn't punish him in this situation.  I'd have a serious talk about the natural consequences of his actions.

Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:05 AM

You dont  think NOT punishing him won't make him think it's ok and will do it or something worse again?

Quoting Bluerose1482:

I wouldn't punish him in this situation.  I'd have a serious talk about the natural consequences of his actions.

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would you punish him? He's already hiding it. He'll just get more creative with hiding and lie better. Don't you want him to come to you? To be honest? Sure there are consequences for his actions...I'd talk to him about the long term consequences of chewing toacco. I'm not sure if punishing him would really do anything...to deter his behavior. Which should be the desired result of a punishment. 

How is he buying it? If you're giving him money, that I'd stop. If he has job and is using his own money...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:07 AM
Take him to the dentist and have them pull all his teeth lol. Then be like they were gonna fall out anyway from all the tobacco you're chewing. I need to stop feeling evil this morning hahahhaha
Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I think punishing him will have no affect on this particular behavior at all.  I'd have a serious discuss about mouth cancer and the other consequences of chewing tobacco, plus just the general disguistingness of it.  I mean what kind of woman even dates a man who chews tobacco.  

Quoting Whisper4271:

You dont  think NOT punishing him won't make him think it's ok and will do it or something worse again?

Quoting Bluerose1482:

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:11 AM

If he's getting any allowences from you guys better stop it now. Obviously let him know you found out, call his friends parents so they can be informed because they could be doing it too or he could be getting it from somebody.

Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I'm not sure how he is buying it yet. I will find out when he gets home alittle later. Thanks for the input!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Why would you punish him? He's already hiding it. He'll just get more creative with hiding and lie better. Don't you want him to come to you? To be honest? Sure there are consequences for his actions...I'd talk to him about the long term consequences of chewing toacco. I'm not sure if punishing him would really do anything...to deter his behavior. Which should be the desired result of a punishment. 

How is he buying it? If you're giving him money, that I'd stop. If he has job and is using his own money...

Whisper4271
by Sunshiney on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I think we could be good friends! haha

Quoting Anonymous 1: Take him to the dentist and have them pull all his teeth lol. Then be like they were gonna fall out anyway from all the tobacco you're chewing. I need to stop feeling evil this morning hahahhaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Sounds good to me. :o)

Quoting Whisper4271:

I think we could be good friends! haha

Quoting Anonymous 1: Take him to the dentist and have them pull all his teeth lol. Then be like they were gonna fall out anyway from all the tobacco you're chewing. I need to stop feeling evil this morning hahahhaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I would put a stop to that immediately! I wish my mom had stopped me from smoking. All she did was give me a talk. I kept smojing. 15 years later I'm still struggling with addiction. Had she stopped me at 15 when I wasnt addicted it would have been easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)