Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brag post

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM
  • 74 Replies
3 moms liked this

My post proves to me that people don't want to hear about your children's accomplishments.  Well, I do.  What have your children done lately that you're  proud of?

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM
8 moms liked this

Won a school award for Caring and received her Orange belt in Kenpo months ahead of other kids...Her dedication and talent really shines through. This has been a great month for our daughter. <3

LyndaLoo78
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:24 AM
4 moms liked this
All the kids brought home excellent report cards!
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Awesome.  What were some of the acts she performed for the award?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Won a school award for Caring and received her Orange belt in Kenpo months ahead of other kids...Her dedication and talent really shines through. This has been a great month for our daughter. <3

Smaug
by Book Worm on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
My oldest did a fabulous job playing trumpet in her first recital.

My youngest wants me to give her multiplication problems for fun. :)
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this
My DS has started spitting out basic math addition facts. For being 4 I'm proud of him for taking that up without prompting.

My 3rd grade DD is mastering multiplication facts, which is great, for as a teacher I see SOOO many who don't know their facts, even in 5th grade. 😩 Practice, practice, practice!!!
.Winter.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM
3 moms liked this

My third grader read a book for her class, loud enough for everyone to hear, after not talking in school to anyone from K to the end of second grade, and then she was still too quiet to speak to the whole class, but she finally did it. She was pretty proud of herself as well.

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM

That's great.  How many and what grades?  Did they get honors?

Quoting LyndaLoo78: All the kids brought home excellent report cards!

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM
4 moms liked this

Oldest Dd (28) is sticking to a job she absolutely detests because of a veterinarian she works for who is vile to everyone, especially the women employees. Dd wants to stay until March, if possible and if she can hold out. I would have said "sayonara" a long time ago.

Ds stayed after the Christmas party at work this past Thursday evening to help out a new person he trained, and because he knew she was struggling. He was told he didn't have to but he chose to, and because he remembers being that new person.

Youngest Dd has the patience of a saint in so many respects at the young age she is (17), and is a true inspiration. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM
3 moms liked this
We've implemented a new reward system and they're responding very well to it. Our house has been much more peaceful.
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Great.  The first recital is so scary.  Glad she overcame that fear.  Your youngest is so eager.  How old?

Quoting Smaug: My oldest did a fabulous job playing trumpet in her first recital. My youngest wants me to give her multiplication problems for fun. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)