Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are there any career oriented women on here.....??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
1 mom liked this

I find it so odd that in 2014 people are telling other moms that they are terrible moms for having a career and putting their child in daycare? 

Seriously, are there any career oriented women in here? 

There are women a cross the world that don't get the chance to get educated and have a career - do us Americans just take it for granted?  

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bennett121
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I'm a sahm currently but will return to work when the baby is born. Family keeps my kids. I'm a nurse so I only work 3 days a week. It keeps me sharp and sane.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
NOPE. You're the ONLY one!
epoh
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
I go to school FT and very much plan on being a career woman once I obtain my degree.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:32 AM
You'll love me, I was a mere housewife before I was a SAHM.

Of course there are career oriented women here, I'm just not one of them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I am more family oriented but I do work from home.
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:33 AM
I work from home running a business that my husband and I own plus a photography business and advertising business I own. I had my career outside the home before I had children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
We don't take it for granted, we exercise our choices. Not everyone desires a career. Big surprise.
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this

see this assumption that career women have their kids in daycare is absolute bullshit.... My sister has four kids, set of twins, two younger kids and they dont go to a daycare center. My sister works FULL TIME. The two younger ones go to my moms and the twins are in school then go to my moms after school.

I have two kids, again they were in school when I work. I have only put my kids in preschool just before kindergarten part time two-three days a week. I was mostly at home during the day and taught at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I wouldn't consider myself career oriented, but I'm a professional (or will be when I graduate grad school). I hate the fact that I chose a path where I will be working more than I see my kids, but it is too late now. There is no such thing as "part time" in my career. Hell there is no such thing as a 40 hour work week in my career either.

But, when have kids (TTC) we're lucky enough to live near family. Both of our moms have asked us if they could watch the baby. 

To me, it is normal to put kids in daycare or have a nanny because that is what I'm surrounded by. I don't live in a part of the country where there are a lot of SAHMs.

Ferngully549
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I work both outside the home and from home. I take my work home and am slowly convincing my boss to let me work from home more often. I like having a job, it keeps me social and grounded, when I was a sahm during college I was a little bit of a hermit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)