Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

supporting a parent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My father is 72 and retired. My mother passed away so it is just him. Since retirement he has been having a hard time financially and it's getting harder for my husband and I to keep helping him. He is very prideful and will sometimes not even tell me if he is behind on billd or out of food. I do what I can, invite him for dinner, bring food over, buy groceries or whatever. I don't know exactly what his income he just gets social security and a bit from veterans. He did not get a pention or ever able to build a retirement fund or savings. I don't know anything about welfare assistance but I want him to look into it but don't know where to go who to ask. Or can only ppl with dependants get on assistance? He needs to swallow his pride and look into this but I was hoping I could tell him where to go
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:48 AM
Contact your local Area on Aging Agency. They will have all the information you need to help him. Meals on wheels and heating assistance for the elderly things like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM
Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Contact your local Area on Aging Agency. They will have all the information you need to help him. Meals on wheels and heating assistance for the elderly things like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Your welcome :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Contact your local Area on Aging Agency. They will have all the information you need to help him. Meals on wheels and heating assistance for the elderly things like that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)