Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we buy gifts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My daughter divorced her husband and he remarried an old girlfriend. He and his gf had a 15 yr old daughter together, my daughter and he had a 14 yr old dd and a 12 yr old Ds, and she has a 12 yr old Ds from a previous relationship. I had just bought presents for my two grandchildren, but am feeling like maybe I should get the other two kids something also.

Should I?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandymb
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM
It's totally your call, but I probably wouldn't.
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM

Will all the children open gifts together? If so then yes, I would buy them a gift too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I would. Step situations are always difficult as a step mom and a step daughter it was always hard watching my sister open gifts and get nothing. Of course I understood but it still sucked. Now if these gifts aren't going to be opened around them then I wouldn't worry about it at all.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Well it would certainly be of the giving spirit
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM
I wouldnt.
RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Quoting Mandymb: It's totally your call, but I probably wouldn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maruchan
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM
It would be very sweet of you, and vey much in the Christmas spirit. My MIL would buy her grandson's sisters gifts for Christmas, even though they were her ex-DIL's kids by the man she married after she divorced my BIL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
You're not their grandma, you don't have to buy them anything
katyusha42
by Metal Kitty on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I just got a box from my exhusband's fiancΓ©e's mom containing gifts for my two children from her. She also sends gifts on their birthday. She's very sweet and I thought it was very nice of her to think of my children as well as her grandchild when Christmas shopping.
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM
If I was going to see the kids all together I would. If I was only going to see those I was related too I wouldnt. Just depends
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)