Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to avoid the FLU - Paranoid of the FLU!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 24 Replies

Is it possible? If someone in the house has the flu can you avoid it? Say eight year old child sick with the flue? Do you lock them in their room? Mine is in the living room on the couch. Im terrified Im gonna get it.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Hazmat suit and respirator for you. That's about it. ;)

Hope your child feels better BTW :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Wear a mask and just wash your hands frequently
CByxbe
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:10 PM
As mom that us one thing I don't worry about....if I get it I get it. However if i am sick I worry about giving it to them. Hope you don't get it good luck. I have the flu and so far my kids don't have it
Bronwynnm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Wash your hands spray everything the kid touches with Lysol, wear a mask and hope for the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Wash your hands a lot, have the flu bug (child) wash their hands. Instead of you wearing the mask, have the child wear a mask. Give the child cups, plates, just for them. Don't touch them, sad but do what you can to avoid them.
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:10 PM

My daughter missed this entire last week of school because of the flu and bronchitis. She lived on the couch for almost 4 days straight because she was too weak to walk up/down the stairs to her bedroom, so I know how you feel!

One thing I always do is run the humidifier in the livingroom when someone is sick. Supposedly the moisture from the humidifier prevents the yucky germs from staying airborne or active. I also Lysol the bathroom door, toilet handle, sink handles and light switches a few times a day.

My daughter started her fever last Monday and literally was down here for 4 days but the three of us left in the house haven't got sick at all. We all ate here with her, watched tv, etc. We didn't section ourselves off from her at all. We also take probiotics every day and up the dosage when someone's sick.

Good luck!!

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:14 PM

Wait, what is a garlic knob?

Quoting kailu1835:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:23 PM

The whole bunch of 'cloves'.  A whole lot of garlic!

Quoting GirlieGal76:

Wait, what is a garlic knob?

Quoting kailu1835:

Mobile Photo

Randoodle89
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Wash, wash, wash and yeah, your probably going to get it. Colds aren't as bad but the flu sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)