Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really you have the monopoly on desserts now? Shut up and stop being a big baby!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
My husbands work is having a pot luck christmas party the company is paying for the main dish (a taco guy is coming and making carne asada and chicken tacos) and everyone is supposed to bring a side. one of his coworkers put desserts on the sign up sheet, then another person also out desserts. The first guy has been complaining to my husband all week about how the other guy was being rude because he already put desserts and his wife was going to make enough for everyone and blah blah blah. Dude it's a pot luck! Many people bring similar things that's the point. Now I'm making a batch of cup cakes just to be a bitch because I'm tired of this guys whining. I'm also making corn and black bean salsa.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bakerytreatz412
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM
Well doesnt he sound pleasant. .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Is there such a thing as too many desserts to begin with?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Ok then
KennyPooPoo22
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
What a whiner.
LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Right?!

Quoting PPCLC:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM
2 moms liked this

You can never have too many dessert choices.

PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM

What the heck?!

This dude would probably be appalled at the amount of cookies, fudge, candy, desserts, and pies I'll be making in the coming days for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

And...AND...there's only going to be about 8 of us. A pig fest of goodies during the holidays is just like......the right thing to do.

Quoting LCWAmommy: Right?!
Quoting PPCLC:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, exactly! I'll make a ridiculous amount of stuff and I'm sure there will be at least a family member or two that shows up with a pie or cookies or SOMETHING. No jealousy here, the more the merrier!

Quoting PPCLC:

What the heck?!

This dude would probably be appalled at the amount of cookies, fudge, candy, desserts, and pies I'll be making in the coming days for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

And...AND...there's only going to be about 8 of us. A pig fest of goodies during the holidays is just like......the right thing to do.

Quoting PPCLC:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:29 PM
Yeah plus I'm tired of hearing how his wife went to culinary school because every time we've been to their house for a kids party all the food is packaged and store bought yet she asked me if I ever made REAL buttercream when I had a homemade cake at my kids party. Apparently buttercream made with butter sugar and cream is "American" butter cream therefor not real...

Quoting KennyPooPoo22: What a whiner.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm going to two separate places today with my Mom and my husband--a farmer's market (for whatever produce I will need for dishes I'll be making) and a grocery store. 

We've just added another type of cookie onto the list of things we'll be making in the coming days so I'll need to add a few more things to my lists.

The stuff will get eaten/given as gifts, and whatever is left can be frozen for a bit.

Quoting Zazayam:

Lol, exactly! I'll make a ridiculous amount of stuff and I'm sure there will be at least a family member or two that shows up with a pie or cookies or SOMETHING. No jealousy here, the more the merrier!

Quoting PPCLC:

What the heck?!

Quoting PPCLC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)