Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$600 every 2 weeks for health insurance?!!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
WTF is this crap? DH works for a health care company, he just started and we just got the information. That is double what it was at the last place he worked. And to top it off, his company doesn't accept the insurance!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Bump
StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Obamacare is causing everything to rise.  We are lucky to have amazing insurance since DH works for the Government but I couldn't even imagine...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:29 PM
In that case it's cheaper to self pay and pay the penalty.

Obama care sucks.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:30 PM
I hate that this myth keeps getting repeated. Health care was rising long before Obama took office and would continue to rise with or without obamacare.

Quoting StoicLife:

Obamacare is causing everything to rise.  We are lucky to have amazing insurance since DH works for the Government but I couldn't even imagine...

StoicLife
by Katerina on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:34 PM

Show me facts.  Obamacare is causing many families to dish out more money.  Are they rising at the same rate as before Obamacare?  Don't take this comment or question as snarky - I'm genuinly curious.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I hate that this myth keeps getting repeated. Health care was rising long before Obama took office and would continue to rise with or without obamacare.
Quoting StoicLife:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
That's about what mine with my new company would have been for me dh and 4 kids. So instead we stuck with dhs company plan, which is $155 a month total for all of us
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Not at this rate.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I hate that this myth keeps getting repeated. Health care was rising long before Obama took office and would continue to rise with or without obamacare.

Quoting StoicLife:

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Yikes! How is that even affordable?? What are the copays???
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM
I couldn't afford that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Holy crap, that is insanse. Ours has slightly risen each year, but this was by far the biggest jump. Not to mention, the awesome plan we have had for years was no longeer available and I am not happy about the one we switched to. Next year will be interesting. Blah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)