Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need opinions!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
My daughters Sunday school Christmas party is tomorrow. She has a severe peanut allergy and with her currant medical condition she doesn't need to get sick. Would it be tacky of me to send her with a bag or carrots and celery? (Her all time favorite) and send a note to her Sunday school teach to not feed her any snack foods during the party?
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM
Why not just send a few snacks for the class and tell her to stick to those? She shouldn't be left out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Does she also know not to eat other things?

momma-moo
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM
I'd just let her teachers know of the severity of her peanut allergy and ask that they be aware of it that day. I'd bring her own favorite snack just in case as well. But you know your own daughter best so do what you think is best for her
EvanPetersHo
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:50 PM
She's 2 lol I can't go because my 1 year old is super sick. The pastors wife assured me they'd take good care of her (being picked up in church van) but she's still at that age that she eats everything in sight

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Does she also know not to eat other things?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:51 PM
I would send a yummy snack that everyone could eat so that she doesn't feel singled out. Definitely send a note to the teachers!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Oh, lol! I honestly wouldn't send her, if it were me.

Quoting EvanPetersHo: She's 2 lol I can't go because my 1 year old is super sick. The pastors wife assured me they'd take good care of her (being picked up in church van) but she's still at that age that she eats everything in sight
Quoting Anonymous 2:

susannah2000
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:55 PM

I think a two year old is too young to go without you. You can't count on other people watching her every second, even if they try, with all the other kids there too. Since she isn't old enough to monitor her intake herself, the best bet would be to keep her home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Being as she is only 2 I would keep her home.  Everyone there wants to enjoy the party.  Who can with having to watch someone else's child?  If she was six and over I would feel different.  Would it not worry you that something could go wrong without your supervision?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)