Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you put in there?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM
  • 31 Replies

What do you put in your kids stockings?

Just curious.

I do different things every year. This year they are getting cologne/perfume, candy, coffee mug, hot cocoa, and umbrellas.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeppermintyTea
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:07 PM
This year so far DS1 an action figure, ds2 minecraft decals/mystery figure , and dd new baby alive food since she ran out... I'm waiting for DH to get home to do the rest. He's been away on work travel so he wanted to participate in buying some things when he got back. We'll probably just get candy, and silly stuff for the rest.
Beatlemama
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:08 PM

candy, bouncy balls, glow sticks, art supplies, dinosaurs, flash lights

ttriddick
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Candy, baseball and other sports cards that he connects. Sometimes gloves. Small things.
momma2mms
by Kristin on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:11 PM

My kids are 10 and 7 and it seems harder to me now lol. I try to find cool candy. They are getting gum in a tin that says lump of coal and other little finds. I put some of the cheaper stuff in there this year. Perfume, mug, umbrella, that sort of thing.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: This year so far DS1 an action figure, ds2 minecraft decals/mystery figure , and dd new baby alive food since she ran out... I'm waiting for DH to get home to do the rest. He's been away on work travel so he wanted to participate in buying some things when he got back. We'll probably just get candy, and silly stuff for the rest.

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM

So far DD is getting a couple of small coloring books, crayons, and candy in her stocking. I think I'm going to go to the dollar store later and see what other small toys I can find to put in there.

ETA: I forgot, I also found a cute pair of My Little Pony socks to put in there if I can remember where I hid them. Lol..

momma2mms
by Kristin on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I have done that in the past. Mine are older now so I have to look a little harder these days lol!

Quoting Beatlemama:

candy, bouncy balls, glow sticks, art supplies, dinosaurs, flash lights

csh.1310
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:12 PM

bump

momma2mms
by Kristin on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I do the cheaper things in the stockings.

My cousin would get expensive stuff in her stocking.

Quoting ttriddick: Candy, baseball and other sports cards that he connects. Sometimes gloves. Small things.

Arwyn724
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM
2 moms liked this

For my entire life (over 50 years) an orange goes in the toe of every stocking for starters...  Some traditions will never die in our family.

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:13 PM
My 7 month old is just getting several little board books. I'll probably also put some Mum Mums in there so she can have something to eat too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)