Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some days it's like I have 3 kids

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have one kid, a two year old, but I swear sometimes the other two adults in this house are like children themselves. I love dh and godmil to the moon and back, but they make me nuts occasionally. We always have 2 loaves of bread, one on the counter and one in the freezer. The procedure is simple. If the one on the counter is close to done, pull out the one from the freezer. But they never do. I often end up either without bread for ds' lunch, or without enough for both of our lunches. Ok fine, I'll make something else, but I really wish I didn't have to. Sandwiches are easy, so I can be sure to get something in my stomach before ds is done eating and gets bored. And the trash... ugh, the trash. They cram it full until it's overflowing and just leave it for me to deal with. They leave a huge mess all over the counter from their morning coffee for me too.

I realize that they work, and I don't expect a lot from them around the house. I just wish they'd pay more attention and not leave these little things. And yes, I've spoken to them politely about this. It gets better for a week or so and then starts up again. So, I'll just take care of it and vent here.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
csh.1310
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I would just stop cleaning up their messes.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I wish I could. We live with godmil so I really don't want to cause drama.

Quoting csh.1310:

I would just stop cleaning up their messes.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:24 PM
I hear ya, loud and clear! I've been tempted to shove a dirty sock into an orifice of my hubbys body because he won't walk the 3 steps and put them into the laundry hamper. He just throws them onto the floor!
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Is he otherwise fairly tidy? Dh is, which I think is why it bugs me so much. Neither of them are "dirty" people usually. It makes me feel taken advantage of.

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I hear ya, loud and clear! I've been tempted to shove a dirty sock into an orifice of my hubbys body because he won't walk the 3 steps and put them into the laundry hamper. He just throws them onto the floor!
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:35 PM
No, not really. That's just the one that bugs me. We've been married 10 years and I think the man has done maybe 10 loads of laundry (for example) in those years. I love him dearly but cleaning and cleanliness is just not his strong point. Lol

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Is he otherwise fairly tidy? Dh is, which I think is why it bugs me so much. Neither of them are "dirty" people usually. It makes me feel taken advantage of.

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I hear ya, loud and clear! I've been tempted to shove a dirty sock into an orifice of my hubbys body because he won't walk the 3 steps and put them into the laundry hamper. He just throws them onto the floor!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)