Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Playpen or crib

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Im pregnant wit baby #2 and have decided to get the baby a play pen to sleep in as opposed to a crib.
Its cheaper and takes up less room. Especially since we will be cosleeping.
Opinions?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:18 PM

I think the play pen is very uncomfortable, or at least the one we have is, it has a thin pad that isn't very soft. My daughter wouldn't sleep in it, but she would sleep in her crib.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:20 PM
I was thinking bout putting a crib matress in it. but idk.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I think the play pen is very uncomfortable, or at least the one we have is, it has a thin pad that isn't very soft. My daughter wouldn't sleep in it, but she would sleep in her crib.

csh.1310
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM

My second baby is four months old right now. In the beginning, during the day she would nap in her playpen. At bedtime she sleeps with me. She never uses her crib. It does convert to a toddler bed though so she can use it later.

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM
I use play pens for naps and cribs for over night sleeping.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM

my daughter is 2 years old. we have only used a pack and play with her. cribs are just too expensive. and pack and plays are just easier. to set up and use and move. 

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM

We had both for DD. I never could get her to sleep in her crib but she slept just fine in her playpen. I think either is fine.

audmom1218
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:22 PM

my dd hated anything with 4 walls. We did a side-carred crib for co-sleeping which was amazing.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM
I'm getting the halo bassinet to use for the first few months, then we will transition into a crib in our room and after a year old into their own room.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Ds sleeps in his pack n play when we visit my dad. Never had a problem. It just depends on the kid though. If baby is comfy in it then it's fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:25 PM
I might check that out

Quoting audmom1218:

my dd hated anything with 4 walls. We did a side-carred crib for co-sleeping which was amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)