Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How stupid is it?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:50 PM
  • 23 Replies
Your non-dominant hand, that is? I'm currently unable to use my right (dominate) hand and an just realizing how little I can do with my left. I've found I have the penmanship of a Pre-ker! Lol it's taken me 3 full minutes to get this much typed. I miss my right hand! Has anyone else ever tried to go several days using your "stupid" hand? I'm hating it!
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM
Bump
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I'm almost completely ambidextrous, so no. I can write with my left hand but it looks like a 5th grader's handwriting (because I was in fifth grade when I was made to stop using my left hand). I still use my left hand as my dominant hand for almost everything except writing. Sorry your good hand is out of commission. =\
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I've always thought it would be cool to be ambidextrous. Why were you made to stop using your left hand?

Quoting KyBugsMommy815: I'm almost completely ambidextrous, so no. I can write with my left hand but it looks like a 5th grader's handwriting (because I was in fifth grade when I was made to stop using my left hand). I still use my left hand as my dominant hand for almost everything except writing. Sorry your good hand is out of commission. =\
xtwistedxlovex
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I'm ambidextrous, which comes with both the benefit of a more useful left hand and occasional stupidity of the right hand. I still haven't figured out which one I'm supposed to use a knife with; they both feel very awkward.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM

I can do everything but write with both hands. I can't even compare my offhand penmanship to a toddler though, it's really really bad, lol.

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM
I don't have a "stupid hand". I only use my left hand to write, everything else is done right handed.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, when I signed my son out of school after his Christmas party the teacher looked at my writing, looked up at me, and just shook her head! Lol

Quoting Zazayam:

I can do everything but write with both hands. I can't even compare my offhand penmanship to a toddler though, it's really really bad, lol.

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I'm not really sure, honestly. My mom said it was pretty common here when I was in school for teachers to 'correct' left handed writers to use their right hand and she just never really thought about it at the time. If that was the case though, I don't know why they didn't correct it sooner. =\

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I've always thought it would be cool to be ambidextrous. Why were you made to stop using your left hand?

Quoting KyBugsMommy815: I'm almost completely ambidextrous, so no. I can write with my left hand but it looks like a 5th grader's handwriting (because I was in fifth grade when I was made to stop using my left hand). I still use my left hand as my dominant hand for almost everything except writing. Sorry your good hand is out of commission. =\
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Can you write right handed as well and just prefer to do it that way?

Quoting nmkj: I don't have a "stupid hand". I only use my left hand to write, everything else is done right handed.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM
How old fashioned and ridiculous of them! I'm sorry!

Quoting KyBugsMommy815: I'm not really sure, honestly. My mom said it was pretty common here when I was in school for teachers to 'correct' left handed writers to use their right hand and she just never really thought about it at the time. If that was the case though, I don't know why they didn't correct it sooner. =\

Quoting krazymom2boyz: I've always thought it would be cool to be ambidextrous. Why were you made to stop using your left hand?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)