Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best bassinet

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Looking for opinions on a great bassinet.

We're going to have a full size crib in the nursery, but want to keep the baby in our room for the first couple of months in a bassinet.

I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I don't want to waste money on something cheap either.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM
You don't need an expensive one. Just find one that is bed height if you're going to breastfeed.

I paid $10 for mine and it got the job done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Mobile Photo

This ones super nice, but it's really pricey
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Mobile Photo

I made sheets for it and it had a place for diapers and blankets and a mobile that attached that played music
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM
We have a rock n play.
WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM
If you're going to breastfeed, I recommend the arms reach cosleeper. It attaches to the side of the bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Mobile Photo

This one is cute, a little better price too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:08 PM
Ooh it's cute too!

So the baby can't roll onto your bed though right?

Co sleeping scares me because I'm a heavy sleeper, but this seems to be the best of both worlds.

Quoting WaterorWine: If you're going to breastfeed, I recommend the arms reach cosleeper. It attaches to the side of the bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Get a playpen with the bassinet top. Much more cost effective, as it can be used for multiple things and for a longer period of time. And once baby gros out of it, you can turn it into a reading nook. I will get you the link.
nmkj
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:12 PM
This is what I recommend. Someone gave me an actual bassinet and it was a waste of money. They don't last long in them because of the weight limit and the fact that my babies moved around really early.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Get a playpen with the bassinet top. Much more cost effective, as it can be used for multiple things and for a longer period of time. And once baby gros out of it, you can turn it into a reading nook. I will get you the link.
WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Well, the baby won't be able to roll over until 3 months. Technically they can, I guess, but they're still separated in their area. If you worry about rolling, sleep facing the baby. There's nowhere for you to go that way.

If you're not comfortable, I understand. I will say, once baby is born you will become a light sleeper lol!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Ooh it's cute too!

So the baby can't roll onto your bed though right?

Co sleeping scares me because I'm a heavy sleeper, but this seems to be the best of both worlds.

Quoting WaterorWine: If you're going to breastfeed, I recommend the arms reach cosleeper. It attaches to the side of the bad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)