Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Internet help!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
Internet connection is not successful to my wii! I've tried unplugging the internet thing and plugging it back in and I just don't know what to do next. Any one have suggestions?

*error code: 51330
Unable to connect to internet. Choose internet settings and then confirm your connection. Visit support.nintendo.com for assistance. *

I've tried thw website but can't figure it out. Also it is not a wii mini.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:15 PM

you have to actually select your network connection... For example ours is called imwatchingyou and then you have to log into the network.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Should be in your settings and stuff, you'll have to connect manually at least the first time. Might be a password.

collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:22 PM

If you have a router, you will likely have to input the password information in order for the WII to connect to your network the first time around. 

If you don't know what the password is: Check under the router to see if there's one on the bottom (some routers will list it right on the item itself) 

NOTE: If you have a WII MINI, it will not connect to the Internet (it's the red $99 one). 

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Regular wii? Major pain to hook those to the internet. If you have a cable I recommend using that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:27 PM

How is it not successful? Is it just not connecting or are you getting any type of error message? 

leftyrea
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM
I've tried it. It just won't allow me in for some reason

Quoting thetrollcat:

you have to actually select your network connection... For example ours is called imwatchingyou and then you have to log into the network.

leftyrea
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Its an error message

Quoting Anonymous 2:

How is it not successful? Is it just not connecting or are you getting any type of error message? 

leftyrea
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I've tried thw password and stuffs... its after that that it says it was unsuccessful

Quoting collectivecow:

If you have a router, you will likely have to input the password information in order for the WII to connect to your network the first time around. If you don't know what the password is: Check under the router to see if there's one on the bottom (some routers will list it right on the item itself) NOTE: If you have a WII MINI, it will not connect to the Internet (it's the red $99 one). 

collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

What's the error message? 

The only reason I mention that about the mini too is that it doesn't have the capabilities to connect to the Internet, so if that's the model you have - nothing will work.  

Quoting leftyrea: I've tried thw password and stuffs... its after that that it says it was unsuccessful
Quoting collectivecow:

If you have a router, you will likely have to input the password information in order for the WII to connect to your network the first time around. If you don't know what the password is: Check under the router to see if there's one on the bottom (some routers will list it right on the item itself) NOTE: If you have a WII MINI, it will not connect to the Internet (it's the red $99 one). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM

What is the error code you are getting? The error code will narrow down the problem a lot. 

Quoting leftyrea: Its an error message
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)