Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best car seat.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Should we get a newborn car seat and then a bigger car seat when they outgrow it or go with a convertible car seat from the start?

What is a good brand??
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:17 PM
I had a britax infant car seat. At 6 months I switched to a maxi cosi pria 70. I think I might go with a maxi cosi infant seat and then get another maxi cosi when the baby turns six months for this one on the way. I love maxi cosi ... A lot. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I have always had Britax. They are a bit spendy, but they are one of the best out there. They have some new ones right now that go up to 90 pounds.....just got that one, but set us back $300....there is also one a step down from that one that goes up to 70 pounds and runs around &197
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Bump
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:59 PM

We brought out son home in a borrowed baby bucket because it was easier at the hospital.  However we immediately transfered him into a Graco Myride65, they are now called Headwise65 and 70 whcih he also has.  It came with an insert that made him fit snuggly into the car seat, and could rear face until he was 45 pounds.  We were in an accident with him in it and he didn't move a smidge, didn't even cry until I freaked out getting him out of the seat.  We replaced with a Headwise70 that he is still in now.

Personally I think the buckets are stupid-they outgrow them well before the end of their practical use, and I don't like that the seat seperates from the base--to me that puts extra wear on the plastic of the seat.  Baby wear, when you can, use a stroller when you can't.  For us there was zero need for a bucket.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Bump
Journey2themoon
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:36 PM
We went straight to a convertiable.... britax is a great brand as well as diono
supermama322
by Kaylee on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Personal preference. If you like the convenience of a bucket then go that route.

My favourite brand is Clek. All 3 of mine are Clek. You can't use them from newborn though
pitamae
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:17 PM
This is my 3rd and last baby. And I was all about starting with a convertible seat. Until I saw a girl and her husband and NB out to dinner waiting for their table. And the baby was in an infant seat and I thought "hmmmm what would we do with the baby when we went out to eat??!!" Lol
I plan on baby wearing but not when I eat ...
It just depends on choice I guess

We got a britax
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM
Ds had one for a few montys. I hated that bucket seat! They're heavy to carry around and after 2 months ds bucket didn't snap into it's base anymore! Thankfully i always pulled up to double check and caught it right away. I just don't trust them after that.
dd started in a true fit at birth. At the time britaxes didn't fit newborns but now that they do I'd start with one of those. The removable headrest on the true fit makes it easier to install in small places though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)