Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby name remorse! Is it too late to change it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
My son is almost 3 months old. I had such a hard time deciding on his name. I originally picked Matthew James, and later changed it to Jacob Ryan before we left the hospital. For the past 2 months or so I'm not feeling great about it. I wish I had stuck with the original, or that I could change it to Luke Jacob or Luke Ryan. Is it too late? Will everyone think I'm nuts?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hashtagRC
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:43 PM
People will probably think you're nuts.
That said, I completely understand. I wanted my son to be named Chase Andrew. Badly. Andrew is his father's name. But hubs' mama wanted Vincent for a middle name (her father) and out of respect for hubs and his family, I agreed. I call him Baby Andrew all the time anyway though because he looks just like his dad, so who cares, I win. No one uses middle names anyways.
kissmiss213
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM

i believe you have up to a year to get it changed, but maybe you should pin down the exact name you want.

PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM

People will think you're crazy, but if you want to change it, do it now before he gets any older.  Just make sure you're 100% sure this time.

TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I changed my guy's name too, but it was just a day or two after brining him home, so they kindly changed the hospital certificate for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:49 PM
Before your son is a year old you can amend his birth certificate through your States Vital Statistics and change his name for next to nothing. As for people thinking you're crazy... They may but soon they'll forget about it.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Just make up your mind before changing it. Sounds like your still not sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM
If it were his first name, I'd say no so you wouldn't confuse the kid. But I would with the middle name.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM
My middle son uses his middle name, Andrew. Not his first, robert.

Quoting hashtagRC: People will probably think you're nuts.
That said, I completely understand. I wanted my son to be named Chase Andrew. Badly. Andrew is his father's name. But hubs' mama wanted Vincent for a middle name (her father) and out of respect for hubs and his family, I agreed. I call him Baby Andrew all the time anyway though because he looks just like his dad, so who cares, I win. No one uses middle names anyways.
tvsoccermom15
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:53 PM

A girl I went to HS with named her daughter Sydney. 6 months later she decided she didn't like the name any longer because people thought she was saying Cindy. So she changed it. 

If you feel strongly about your son's name, change it.  

bellaamore
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Luke Ryan, huh? Big fan of Nashville, are you?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)