Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you do it this year?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

Do you take your kids to send a letter to santa with the Macy's make a wish mailbox? Do you let your child know their sending a letter to Santa and doing good for other kids and families at the same time? 

If not this do you do anything to teach your kids that not all kids can have a lot like them besides telling them I mean do you actually DO something.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:55 PM

My kids are too old.

But I doubt many do this. Most of them won't let their kids believe in Santa. The funniest part is they won't let their kid believe in Santa but the adults will do the Elf on The Shelf for the kids.lol

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:57 PM

BUMP!

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM

We don't have those here, as far as I know. We didn't do any charity work this year (shame on me!) :(

I was going to have DD pick out an Angel Tree child to buy gifts for but even that plan fell through when SO's stupid deathtrap of a car crapped out and had to be fixed (again). My sisters and I have talked about volunteering at our local soup kitchen for Christmas Day but DD is only 2, so she won't be able to help with any of that. =/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM
We do. Our child recieved a wish from Make A Wish this year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM

My husband is a mail carrier and loves seeing the "to santa" letters in the mail. :)

bakerytreatz412
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:58 PM
My oldest is two 1/2 , can't write and isn't interested in santa yet. I tried to get her in to it but no luck so far..
SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I always wondered what the mail carriers do with the letters. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

My husband is a mail carrier and loves seeing the "to santa" letters in the mail. :)

SerenitysKiss
by New York Breed on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:00 PM

BUMP!

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Yes.

Yes.

We also did three angels from the Angel tree.

Next week we are going to donate blankets. I was dismayed at how many tags were left at the Angel trees for homeless that needed blankets.

staci1103
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Lol me too. Our mailman is a jerk so I had my ds put his in the box and when he left for school I took it out.

Quoting SerenitysKiss:

I always wondered what the mail carriers do with the letters. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)