Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help. :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
So my husband's uncle has passed away , they were really close , like brothers.
My hubby never gets upset over things , he hides it , locks his feelings up. For example , we have had a mc (and a vanishing twin.) he was barely sympathetic. He never cried. When we were told we lost our twins , he just looked and then kissed my head and said 'I'm sorry baby.' He NEVER shows his feelings or gets upset.
So with this being said , my DH is a WRECK. He woke me up early this morning , so upset. It started with his uncle , then to the miscarriages , and just other things he has never let out.
So , I just want to know , how do you guys comfort your DH when he is upset /having a tough time. And talking about all of this upsets me too , but I try not to show it , for him (because he's been strong when I was upset. I don't want to get upset , and have him shut down again to comfort me.) any advice? Please help!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BatmanWondaWomn
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Let him vent and hold him.Sometimes talking about that stuff with each other is the best thing to do.
mimi0815
by Mimmie on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM
My dh is the same way, I let him talk it out and I'm just there for him listening. When his grandmother passed (whom he was very close with) him and I did something just for her like a candlelight ceremony and I took something from her house and I put it next to his night stand so when he misses her he can look over and remember her. We also talk about her often to help him through it. Just be there for him it will get better hugs.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I just hold him and let him get it all out. SO is kind of like your DH. He thinks he has to be strong and stoic because 'that's what men do'..but then it gets to be too much for him and he breaks down. I make sure and let him know that I am here for him and he can talk to me and tell me whatever is on his mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Yes I understand. /: we have talked for hours about many different things , I feel so bad for him. :(

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: Let him vent and hold him.Sometimes talking about that stuff with each other is the best thing to do.
Sarah923
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be there for him; listen and hold him and comfort him. That's what he needs right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Okay. Thankyou. :)

Quoting mimi0815: My dh is the same way, I let him talk it out and I'm just there for him listening. When his grandmother passed (whom he was very close with) him and I did something just for her like a candlelight ceremony and I took something from her house and I put it next to his night stand so when he misses her he can look over and remember her. We also talk about her often to help him through it. Just be there for him it will get better hugs.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Men usually want someone to listen and not advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Thankyou. I've held him and let him vent. Just hate seeing him so upset. /:

Quoting KyBugsMommy815:

I just hold him and let him get it all out. SO is kind of like your DH. He thinks he has to be strong and stoic because 'that's what men do'..but then it gets to be too much for him and he breaks down. I make sure and let him know that I am here for him and he can talk to me and tell me whatever is on his mind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I wasn't looking for advice to give him , just ways to comfort him. But thank you. :)

Quoting Spam72: Men usually want someone to listen and not advice
RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Quoting BatmanWondaWomn: Let him vent and hold him.Sometimes talking about that stuff with each other is the best thing to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)