Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm pretty effing sure I'm not wrong to feel this way!!! long Edit: I will be showing this to him.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies

Poll

Question: Am I wrong for being upset?

Options:

Yes

No

Other (please explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 110

View Results

Edit: I will be showing this to him.

I'm so fucking livid I'm seeing red.

Last night DF went with his cousin to go hog hunting. 

Great! Fantastic! He needed some guy time.  I asked him to please be home before I have to go to work the next day at 1.  He said he would.

11:30 rolls around today and I'm at my sister's.  I get a text from DF.  He had just woke up and they were gonna take a walk and see what they could see. 

Ok fine there's still time.

I run my ODD to her friends house and go back to my sister's.  It's now 12:30 and I have to head to work. 

He's still not home.  I try to call, I text and then I call several times more.

Nada.  So my sister says she'll watch my other two. 

I am of course late for work due to trying to figure out the sitter situation.

I get to work and call him.  And call.  And call.  No answer.  I finally get an answer at 4.

Of course we fight. And yell.  But it's my fault that I'm upset?  I shouldn't be upset?  I should have just let my elderly father watch my children? No fuck you dude!

Grow the fuck up and take some responsiblity for your fucking actions!  I'm not your goddamn mother!  I shouldn't have to remind you about the shit that you need to get done!

So! Am i wrong for feeling this way?  Obvioulsy there are more things to it.  But, am I wrong to be upset that he wasn't home on time?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wymama610
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Are these his children?
redskinsfan72
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Also my questiom

Quoting wymama610: Are these his children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:49 PM

Two are from a previous marriage that he treats as his own and one is his.  Also and that has what to do with anything?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM

bump

SaintJudes
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I would be pissed 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Eh, I'd be annoyed but I would have had a backup plan because I know things don't always go as planned.
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
It has a lot to do with it. While the source of your anger- that he said he'd be home to care for the kids so you could work and wasn't, proving him to be unreliable- is valid, if they aren't his children and you aren't yet married the argument could be made that the kids aren't his responsibility. But if one is his, at the very least that one is.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Two are from a previous marriage that he treats as his own and one is his.  Also and that has what to do with anything?

AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM

it has a lot to do with everything... if they werent his children, regardless of how he treated them, they arent his children.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM
I would have just had a sitter lined up and told him to be home when he gets home. Especially if he needed a break.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)