Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she just doesn't get It.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
I'm an aunt to two beautiful little girls,whom I love dearly..and treat them as one of my own.

That's why I've raised concern for their well-being.I am NOT trying to play mommy,nor am I trying to tell anyone how to parent.

These two beauties,come over and stay the night and have fun with my daughter,all the time..so when they are there it's my responsibility to do the same things I do for my child.

Well,the problem I'm having is,every time my nieces come over,they honestly look like their not took care of very well.For example,they always have diaper rashes,what child doesn't sometimes?? Well,it's every time.Their hair is always a mess,and don't get me wrong,children do play and they don't have to look perfect all the time,but me,I like to dress up my babygirl,and have her looking decent.it's what you do..but,when you end up having to cut your little girls hair,up to their ears because their hair is so tangled up..that's a problem.

They only get a bath once a week.etc. ..
There's more concerns and issues I have..too many to name.But you get the point.

° it's not bad enough to involve child services,or anything like that,but pretty close.

I am not tying to be in control.
When their in my care,I treat them as my own.and take very good care of them,like you're supposed to do.

Issue is,when the mother comes to pick them up,she thinks I am trying to be control,and I do is,fix them up,their clean,etc.

When she sees them,it is a big change to her,bc they look different,it's because she ain't used to seeing them like that.

She told me,it was her job to do the things,I do with the children,and all I do is simply take good of them.She doesn't want me doing those things,yet she don't even attempt to.

Why can't she be happy that I take good care of them,care about em,and love them unconditionally??

I understand she's mommy,but if she don't like me taking care of them,and spoiling them,like any aunt would,how can I do it differently?
I seen no other way.

I do not want her to not let me visit my nieces,just bc she's bitter.

What do you in a situation like that.

Smh.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Ugh. That comma & period issue some of you members have drives me batshit crazy. I can't focus on the post because of it.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:52 PM

short of calling cps,there really isnt anything you can do..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this
All I got from the post was ghetto trash and uneducated......
SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I was thinking possibly drunk.

Quoting Anonymous 3: All I got from the post was ghetto trash and uneducated......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Yep. I quit reading after they dont look "took" care of.

Quoting Anonymous 3: All I got from the post was ghetto trash and uneducated......
nazgor
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM
This post is a mess. I couldn't read it all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Maybe.....lol

Quoting SamanthaSage:

I was thinking possibly drunk.

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM
When will people on here learn that your post will not be taken seriously if you can't even type with somewhat decent grammar? Sorry OP, but this post makes you look like a moron :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM

How is the mother related to you?  What is the father doing to help the situation with the little girls?  Honestly if you truly feel that the little girls ate not bring properly cared for, then you may have to get CPS involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:04 PM

No, no, no . . . It's "their" not "took" care of.

Seriously, after the knife went through my brain the third time, I just stopped.  It wouldn't be fair to my family to suffer an aneurism this close to Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yep. I quit reading after they dont look "took" care of.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)