Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wth?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I just got an email our electric bill is ready, so I checked it.... $310! Last month was $200. But I figured that was because we had the thermostats up a little higher, had a space heater running and we had been leaving stuff on... Part laziness and partly due to sickness running its course through out house.. Normally winter its $150 or so. Their rates haven't gone up, we turned thermostats back down to where wed normally have them, space heater wasn't used at all and we went back to turned stuff off and unplugging it. We've never had an electric bill higher than $200 so I only budget $225 for electric :/

Update: electric company said theyd send someone out to check the meter and kept telling me keep the thermostat between 65-68 which it gets super cold in our house if we do, I told them we ALWAYS keep it at 70-71 and have never had an electric bill even close to this high but they just kept telling me 65-68 >.< (and their site says 68-70)
So I'll find out about electric by end of next week (because of holidays)
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Looking at the bill, their rates actually went down.
Choobang
by Choo Choo on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had electric bills that high before when there was really no change. I just assumed their rates went up and I was using too much during peak hours. Try to get an extension until after Christmas.
mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Our rates are going up, we used to pay 130, now we're near 300

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM
I checked, their rates have gone down, it says our usage has gone up a lot :/
Its not due til after Christmas. I know they give extensions if you call but.. Idk why its so high to begin with?? Of course I doubt they're open on Sundays so I'll have to wait til Monday to call and talk to them

Quoting Choobang: I've had electric bills that high before when there was really no change. I just assumed their rates went up and I was using too much during peak hours. Try to get an extension until after Christmas.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:58 PM
I checked and their rates have gone down :/

Quoting mommaoftwo:

Our rates are going up, we used to pay 130, now we're near 300

SamanthaSage
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Call them. Could be something on their end or something wrong with your meter. The meter thing happened to my aunt and uncle once. That stuff is mechanical and does malfunction at times.

SaintJudes
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:01 PM

lesson learned

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM
???

Quoting SaintJudes:

lesson learned

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Maybe your dh is growing weed lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:05 PM
I'm calling Monday, unless they have Sunday hours which I doubt. It says our total kWh for the month more than doubled from any other month. O.o I don't see how that's even possible without something being screwed up lol

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Call them. Could be something on their end or something wrong with your meter. The meter thing happened to my aunt and uncle once. That stuff is mechanical and does malfunction at times.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)