Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you deal with a year of being miserable if..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
It came down to money?
Df new job sucks. His hours are long, the pay is sub par. Constant switching hours and double shifts make me responsible for pretty much everything, plus going back to work.. I won't go into details, but I hate my day to day life right now. It's taking its toll on me. If this is how it would be long term, I would tell him he could just be a sahd if he wanted.
BUT, after a year, there is a good possibility that he will get a promotion. Regular 9_5 type hours, and he would be making six figures. I keep telling myself it's only been a month and a half. We will get used to it, and that money is worth it. I am just dreading our life IF he doesn't get the promotion..
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Well good luck! Hopefully he gets the promotion.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Thanks

Quoting Manic_Sinner: Well good luck! Hopefully he gets the promotion.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:56 PM

I would tough it out. I hated that my husband moved into a house with 7-9 roomates after the first year we were dating. It was like a frat house which was not what I signed up for when we first started dating. I really do not want to stay in our current town forever but hubby is applying for the PhD program that is just starting where he is working on his masters. Which means another 3-4 years here. I just make the best of the situation and reward myself for each milestone. When we were dating I bought myself something every 6 months that he lived with his roommates. It helped to think in terms of 6 months rather than 3 years, and smaller goals rather than just the big one at the  end.

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Story of my life right now. I hate where we moved to, hate my husband's new schedule (24 hours working where he HAS to stay awake the whole time and then the day off then 24 hours on again, and so on) and he gets no overtime or anything. But, it's what I signed up for when I married him and he joined the military so I put up with it. I think I would if there was a chance for such great rewards. Good luck. :)
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM
If I were the one working I'd stick it out and if I didn't get promoted I'd look for another job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Similar to what I was going to say. DH is military with varying work schedules usually involving him being gone 12+ hours. Not to mention trips out of town for weeks or months. I do everything inside and often outside of the home too because his schedule make him unreliable.

Considering we've been married 10 years (with another 10 to go before he retires) I know that I could do it for a year.

Quoting our.love.story: Story of my life right now. I hate where we moved to, hate my husband's new schedule (24 hours working where he HAS to stay awake the whole time and then the day off then 24 hours on again, and so on) and he gets no overtime or anything. But, it's what I signed up for when I married him and he joined the military so I put up with it. I think I would if there was a chance for such great rewards. Good luck. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)