Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband hunts...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
Do you get angry that he goes hunting and is gone all day?

We still haven't put our tree up because all he wants to do in his free time is hunt. He's never home anymore. Today was my husband's one day off and instead of finally pulling out our tree he went hunting at 4 am. I have asked him a few times to please come home.and get the tree out of storage and set it up and he's obviously ignoring me.
I am 31 weeks pregnant so I can't go pulling all our stuff out of storage and dig the box out. Its in the very back and er have a table a baby bed (he still hasn't finished painting) and tons of boxes in the way.
I've been day dreaming all day how good it would feel to kick him when he got home.
This is his first year hunting and he's taken it a little overboard. How do I get him to understand that we have stuff going on at home and a lot of it I need his help with. I can't give the dogs their baths I can't go through the storage building I can't pull the baby bed out myself and paint it.

I'm so frustrated and I feel like me and the kids are coming in second to everything else.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pitamae
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I dont know what to say :( my fiancé goes early and comes back around 9 in the morning.
I think y'all should pick a weekend day for his hunting and a day to get things finished. Especially with the baby coming.
mamahufferd
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I say talk to him, but stay nice. My dh hints almost everything, when he's not hunting he's fishing or working. Yes sometimes it feels like me and our kids come second. I also understood that he hunted from before the time we married. However sometimes I just have to let him know how I feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM
He just text and said he was on his way. He's been gone since 4 am. Its a 2 hour drive. So its gonna be late before he gets home. But he said he didnt kill anything.

I plan on stern talking to when he gets home. I am not married to a child. I shouldn't have to be treating him like one. He shouldn't be acting like one. I told him he needed to be working on an apology for our kids on his ride home. He's obviously mad cause he didn't text back.

Quoting mamahufferd: I say talk to him, but stay nice. My dh hints almost everything, when he's not hunting he's fishing or working. Yes sometimes it feels like me and our kids come second. I also understood that he hunted from before the time we married. However sometimes I just have to let him know how I feel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Have you told him you need him home to do stuff? What time does he leave? Mine leaves very early in the morning, and then he's back midday. But he's always gone working, or doing something for his business. He's a busy guy, but typically he tries to leave weekends open for family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:32 PM
He's been gone since 4 am. Its now 6:30 pm. Its going to take two more hours before he gets home.

I'm furious with him. And to make it worse he didn't even kill anything. So he wasted everyone time for today. I swear I want to bust his knee caps out when he gets here. I am 2 pregnant to be this damn stressed out because of one sorry ass man who can't eve take care of his responsibilities.

Quoting pitamae: I dont know what to say :( my fiancé goes early and comes back around 9 in the morning.
I think y'all should pick a weekend day for his hunting and a day to get things finished. Especially with the baby coming.
audmom1218
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:36 PM

I get slightly annoyed becuase his hunting land is 3 hours away and he usually takes DD on his days off and DD stays with my inlaws (his days off are usually when I'm working) so I am home alone, and I hate that.  But never truly angry, plus it fills the freezer for the next year, hard to hate the lower grocery bills! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:45 PM
Yes I have. The deal was he needed to do this stuff last night. So he could hunt today. He didn't. Despite reminding him this morning he never even looked at me. He got dressed and left.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you told him you need him home to do stuff? What time does he leave? Mine leaves very early in the morning, and then he's back midday. But he's always gone working, or doing something for his business. He's a busy guy, but typically he tries to leave weekends open for family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:54 PM
Well it sounds to me like he's using hunting as an excuse. It could be worse. At least he's not going to a bar every day. But hevmay be using it as an escape. Maybe he's having some anxiety about the coming baby and he's not holding up to his responsibilities. Do you know where he goes in between? Is he gone all day? I mean, he has to eat, and take breaks during the day. A conversation definitely needs to be had here. Whatever he uses as an excuse, this is going to turn into a very big problem if you're pregnant and he's not concerned with your needs.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes I have. The deal was he needed to do this stuff last night. So he could hunt today. He didn't. Despite reminding him this morning he never even looked at me. He got dressed and left.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Have you told him you need him home to do stuff? What time does he leave? Mine leaves very early in the morning, and then he's back midday. But he's always gone working, or doing something for his business. He's a busy guy, but typically he tries to leave weekends open for family.
melissaAD1125
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:56 PM
My husband hunts but he doesn't go overboard like that things at home come first hunting second
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM
I don't understand how he's out for more than 12 hours a day. Mine can't sit still that long. However, you shouldn't talk to him like he's a child either. He's a man, he works and supports his family, yes? I mean, he's allowed to choose what he does during his free time. Its not fair for him to work, and all his free time bc tied up with errands. There's definitely a happy medium that can be met here.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's been gone since 4 am. Its now 6:30 pm. Its going to take two more hours before he gets home.

I'm furious with him. And to make it worse he didn't even kill anything. So he wasted everyone time for today. I swear I want to bust his knee caps out when he gets here. I am 2 pregnant to be this damn stressed out because of one sorry ass man who can't eve take care of his responsibilities.

Quoting pitamae: I dont know what to say :( my fiancé goes early and comes back around 9 in the morning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)