Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I shouldn't have done that

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
I added up everything I spent for christmas gifts this year and am in shock. I don't think i should have done that. In total it was $700. Wow, never done that before. I bought for my three kids and also for my 10 nieces and nephews as well as 6 of my friends kids and 3 for dds friends. I only bought sale stuff and the most expensive thing was only $43. Other than that, nothing over $25. I'm sure if I would have paid regular price for everything I would have spent well over a grand.

Am I the only one who didn't know how much they spent? When you realized how much you have spent was it a shocker. I'm still in shock and dh said he didn't want to know how much. I still told him and he seems less shocked than I do but wow, how did I do that. I kept looking for the lowest price of everything I bought.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM
Woah lol I wish we could spend that much on anything!

But when I shopped we only bought 4 gifts each for our kids and some were only 10 bucks.

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:15 PM
I set a limit of $250
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM

I prefer to not know.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I spent way more than $700 and I didn't have near as many people to buy for that you did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Ya I don't keep track of how much I spend either. A little bit here, a little but there. It adds up quickly tho.
PogoPalOj
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM

I think you did great for that many people!  That's about $31 a person.  It may be a lot total but you did a lot with it.  My husband and I spent $400 Monday on stuff for the house as Christmas presents for each other and we are sending each of our three grand kids $100 a piece. 

lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:22 PM
We never specifically add up what we spend on gifts.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I have no idea and that's on purpose.  Christmas is the one time of the year that I let loose.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:25 PM

I am not sure how much I spent, but I buy year round, used gift cards and stuff that I won in contests, but on clearance. I bought for my 3 kids a few family members and some toys that I donated to kids in need. Mostly small stuff

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:26 PM

We set a firm budget of $200 at the most Christmas. This year money was tight so it dropped a lot. I'm glad DH and I are only children because I cannot fathom we people spend on nieces or nephews unless they live local. We only buy gifts for the kids, my mom, my FIL, and teacher gifts. If the kids do a gift exchange at school we go more than $10. $700 seems like a lot to me, but I grew up poor, so I could never imagine spending that much. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)