Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Like looking at a stranger.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
My husband and I have been separated for 2 weeks exactly today. He dropped this bomb on me one day and I left. I'm 5 months pregnant. I've posted a few times. He keeps trying to talk to me and I can't make sense of it. He wants a divorce, and then all of a sudden he wants it NOW. He wants to put off going to boot camp in January. (He's been waiting for 2 years.) He keeps begging me to file. Then recently told me he's in no mental shape to go to basic. He messaged me telling me he cried in the Walmart parking lot the other day for 15 minutes because he couldn't afford a gallon of milk. But also says he's happier with me being gone.

Obviously he's going through something and I'm not sure it has anything to do with me. I'm really confused. It makes him mad that I'm ignoring him but up until this point, he has nothing new to say and I have nothing to say to him.

I saw him today for the first time in the 2 weeks and it was the weirdest thing. He gave me this strange look that I didn't like. But I gave him a quick smile and said hello and kept walking. The part that's weird was that even though it's only been 2 weeks, it felt like I was looking at a stranger. I'm trying to make sense of it. I don't get it.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:06 PM
BUMP.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:07 PM
BUMP.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM

Too bad he did have his break down five months earlier

SaskMummy
by Mandy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM
That all sounds weird, do you think he was having an affair ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know. I have no idea. It's all so bizarre. I don't know what to think. :(

I was hoping some of you ladies could help me sort through this.

Quoting SaskMummy: That all sounds weird, do you think he was having an affair ?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
That's not cool. My son has nothing to do with this. It's not his fault.

Quoting Rangermom772:

SaskMummy
by Mandy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Maybe he has some form of depression? Was he happier 2 weeks ago?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know. I have no idea. It's all so bizarre. I don't know what to think. :(

Quoting SaskMummy: That all sounds weird, do you think he was having an affair ?
SaskMummy
by Mandy on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM
Just ignore her comment OP

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's not cool. My son has nothing to do with this. It's not his fault.

Quoting Rangermom772:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM
He's got another peice of ass.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:16 PM
Oh I know it's depression in the very least. I think there's more. It's like there's two completely different versions of him and it seems like whenever things get hard whether it's between us or otherwise he wants to split. He's so unstable. Which is precisely why I don't think he should be making any rash decisions.

Quoting SaskMummy: Maybe he has some form of depression? Was he happier 2 weeks ago?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know. I have no idea. It's all so bizarre. I don't know what to think. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)