Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
So my dd has been telling me everytime she needs or had already peed in her diaper for about 2-3 weeks now. On wednesday (3 days ago), she told me she had to pee and ran to the bathroom by herself. I sat her quickly on the seat and she peed. I congratulated her and showed her how proud i was! Well on thursday she told me everytime she needed to go but we were always too late before getting to the bathroom so there was some accidents. Well yesterday and today all of a sudden she just stopped telling me whenever she needed to go and doesnt seem interested anymore. Nothing has happened in between those days.. so why is she stopping now? How do i get her back on track? She was doing so good for a beginner ... :( i dont want her to feel pressured either...
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Bump
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:45 PM

How old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:46 PM

It's the nature of the beast.  It is a lot more work for little ones to actually tell you, go to the toilet, and use it rahter than sitting in a convenient diaper where they pee/poop and parents change them.  Keep up the work and rewards.  Both my kids (14 months apart) didn' fully potty train until age 3 (yes I know).  However she won't be asking you to change her when she's in high school (everyone kept telling me that and I wanted to throat punch them). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Shes will be two in a month.

Quoting kee1006b:

How old?

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM

Don't rush it.  Let her ask when she wants.  She's still young 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Shes will be two in a month.
Quoting kee1006b:

How old?

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM
We used a sticker chart. Every time DD would go, she would get to add a sticker to her chart. She was 4 months past her second birthday and was fully trained within 3 days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Thats why i dont want to pressure her. Shes still young and had time. But since shes been doing a good job and has already went once i thought this would be the perfect time to fully practice potty training.

Quoting kee1006b:

Quoting kee1006b:

How old?

kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Keep praising, but don't discourage.  I almost had my dd done at 18 months, but then her grandfather let her fall in the toilet and stopped it completely.  Just before she turned 3, she said she was done with diapers, and she was

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thats why i dont want to pressure her. Shes still young and had time. But since shes been doing a good job and has already went once i thought this would be the perfect time to fully practice potty training.
Quoting kee1006b:

Quoting kee1006b:

How old?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)