Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to kill a cat without a gun? ASAP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 132 Replies

I sent my kids out to the garage to get some food for the dog. They came in crying hysterically. A kitten (Probably 12 weeks) got into the garage and somehow a TV fell ontop of it. I have no idea how long it had been like that. It was an old heavy TV. Its meow is really loud and sounds like its dying. It can't stand, it flops around like a fish bent in half. I think its neck is broken, along with who knows what else is broken. 

I don't have a gun, besides a BB gun and that wouldn't kill it. That would be just torturing it even more. 

The vet is closed and I don't want to pay for an after hour emergency visit for a stray cat that is going to die anyways.

As evil as it is, do I just put it in a kennel in the garage and let it die on its own? 

Or can I give it medicine to put it to sleep?

Please don't think I am a horrible person. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Well, choke it to death or snap it's neck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Tylanal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:01 PM
My ex had to kill a bird my cat was trying to kill and just playing with. He just stepped on it's head. That's all I got. I guess you could give it sleeping pills or something, but I'd hate for that to backfire and put the poor thing in even more pain.
the_dude
by abides on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Oh my goodness. ummmm I have no clue... 

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Snap it's neck, slit it's throat, or give it a shit load of pain meds.
kee1006b
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Freezer.  It'll numb, fall asleep and die.  Or break it's neck.  I'd take it to the vet tho and make sure it does have a broken spine.  You may be able to save it

heydooney
:(
strongforthem
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM

You need to put that poor thing out of its misery! Break its neck if you have to. Big rock, something. Anything will be better than letting it suffer and die slowly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:02 PM
16 moms liked this
I'd pay to have it put down humanely. Stray or not, it's a life and deserves care and compassion.
destiny3513
My grandfather drowned our cat once because it got hit my a car.... (terrible, I know) he's a cheap Ass hole.

But your not a bad person. Anything would be more humane than leaving it there at this point.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)