Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this trashey or being Cheap.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
So i have two children birthday with in a liitle over a month of each other Dec 13 and Jan 24. On top of Christmas. Kids are/will be 4 and 8. So we decied since money is tight to do a shared party at the local skate rink. We rent out the rink privately for $95. And those who want to skate can bring their own or pay a dollar to rent a pair. We homeschool so most of the kids going will be either friend that know both kids or close famioy friends. Apparently to my mom I'm being trashy since i making them share a party and then people have to pay to skate. I proving punch and some foods as it be around dinner time but that doesn't matter.

Forgott to mention we do not ask for gifts just time to have fun together, we tell each person this, and gifts are not nessary as it so close to the holidays and most families are broke, . We done it this way for year but ussaly have a party at our home. We moved and our house is to small now to do it at home.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kay283
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't ask your guests to pay. As far as the shared party, not something I'd do, but I guess if the kids don't mind it's ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:47 PM
Those birthdays are not within a month of each other.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM
And you need to pay for your guests' skates.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM
What skate or bowling place doesn't include footwear in the party price. I'd find another location.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM

I think their age ranges are too far apart to have a shared birthday. The 4 year old you can easily get away with a house party. 

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM
You should not ask your guests to pay. Also, a skate party for 3-4 year olds? As the mother of a 3 year old, we'd pass on that unless the rink was closed to everyone except the party.
ETA- I see now that it's private. Disregard lol.
If you can't afford two parties, why not do a special day trip or extra cool gift instead?
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:51 PM
14 moms liked this
You homeschool? I'm a little worried.
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Not trashy necessarily. My kids are six weeks apart, I did shared parties when they're babies,but not now, they are 4&6. If you are going to do a shared party, at least make sure they both have their own theme decor and thier own cake, so its special to each kid. And yah you need to pay for your guests skates or blades. Hope they have a blast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM
It the cheepest rental. We can have unlimited quest as long as we are in fire code. Plus other place ask $250 0r more for x number of people.

Quoting msjaxon: What skate or bowling place doesn't include footwear in the party price. I'd find another location.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM
It is trashy and cheap to ask for people to pay for their skates. You should pay for alk skate rentals.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)