Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SOME ONE HELP ME! I need all you doctors and nurses, STAT! *PICS

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM
  • 30 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I noticed it Monday evening when I went to get her in the tub.

these photos were taken this evening but I circled the progression in size.

When I first noticed it , it was the size circled in the first photo. It was a little red, but looked and felt like dry skin. It did not appear to itch or hurt her. I applied lotion after her bath and again before bed.

Tuesday it was the same size, but much lighter. I continued to apply lotion and Wednesday it was barely noticeable.

Thuesday it covered a bigger area but was still very light pink and still didn't seem to itch or bother her, so I applied more lotion.

Yesterday day morning it was a little more red. I called her pedi to see if maybe I should bring her in, they said if it didn't look much better or looked worse by Monday to bring her in.

IT'S WORSE

this morning it was bigger and brighter.

After lunch she asked me to rub her back, and when I did she freaked out saying "mommy that hurts! I got a bad booboo!".

Looked again after dinner, now its huge, bright, hot to the touch and hurts . (She says it hurts when I touch it, and when she lays on the floor. she's 2 1/2 , so she doesn't understand it and can't describe it to me.)

She does appear to be sick, and her only complaint is that it hurts.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD BE NOW.

It no longers seems like its just dry skin..

We have not changed any soaps or deterrents, been anywhere out of the ordinary or given her any foods out of the ordinary.

Does anyone have ANY idea?

Now I'm debating on taking her to quick care in the morning , I know its only a day earlier than when she can see her doctor but I don't want her to end up extremely uncomfortable before then..
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bakerytreatz412
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Here's without circling and writing, right now shes asleep.
DevonD83
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:50 PM
It looks like eczema to me. Any new soap lately? Any new clothes
bakerytreatz412
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:52 PM
No, same soap and her newest clothes are a month old.

Quoting DevonD83: It looks like eczema to me. Any new soap lately? Any new clothes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM

It could be anything but it loOKs like eczema.

Give her oatmeal baths in Luke warm water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM
That's what I was gonna say...lol!

My boy has eczema an that's what his does when he uses a new soap...

Quoting DevonD83: It looks like eczema to me. Any new soap lately? Any new clothes
Nicole_2007
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM
It looks like Exzema or maybe a allergic reaction to something. I would give her benydrl if it bothers her and take her to get checked out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Go to urgent care. See a real doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM

It is localized to her mid section.  This can be a good thing.  I am not an advocate of benadryl unless in cases like this.  I would suggest a 1/2 dose and see if it helps AT ALL.  If it doesn't, take her to the ER.  The benadryl should work within 45 minutes, BTW..  This is a suggestion (Benadryl is an antihistimine that tends to aid in the case of allergic reactions).  Some children don't manifest a reaction until they get older to something like an every day product such as detergent, lotions, the like.

donnag013
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM

Looks like poison ivy or oak to me

CByxbe
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Can you put lotion on it or soak her in a warm bath? I wouldn't wait I would take her to urgent care right away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)