Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know, I know, but will you just buy it for a few dollars?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I feel cheesy putting up for sale our kids baby stuff and co-sleeper, bouncer, etc. when I would love to just pay it forward to someone...  But, we had the business we were working on go under, then a fire, then our heating system crapped out, then a demotion, and we're in debt.. and it's like are you serious??  

Selling stuff on the local swap but I really would rather just give things away... but we just don't have the money... I keep wondering where this or that bill will come from and hubby does an extra job for a friend.  Or I sell something.

So if you see someone selling baby stuff don't roll your eyes.. maybe they just can't afford to give it away.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AvantGardener
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I sell stuff on crags list all the time. Some stuff I gift, other stuff I sell. I don't know know why someone would judge you for that.
MilkLover0203
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM
Bitches judge everything.

Quoting AvantGardener: I sell stuff on crags list all the time. Some stuff I gift, other stuff I sell. I don't know know why someone would judge you for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Someone on a swap made fun of me for trying to sell unused Playtex drop-ins.  It was a new gift set I'd never used, just opened the box's plastic not even the box.  I got laid into.  

Quoting AvantGardener: I sell stuff on crags list all the time. Some stuff I gift, other stuff I sell. I don't know know why someone would judge you for that.

thetrollcat
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:32 PM

some things you just dont sell some things I cannot believe people post!

But in general, everything costs money.

rosesink
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM

I sell things on ebay all the time.  Paying it forward is a luxury not a law.  Don't let anyone make you feel guilty

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I feel cheesy putting up for sale our kids baby stuff and co-sleeper, bouncer, etc. when I would love to just pay it forward to someone...  But, we had the business we were working on go under, then a fire, then our heating system crapped out, then a demotion, and we're in debt.. and it's like are you serious??  Selling stuff on the local swap but I really would rather just give things away... but we just don't have the money... I keep wondering where this or that bill will come from and hubby does an extra job for a friend.  Or I sell something.

So if you see someone selling baby stuff don't roll your eyes.. maybe they just can't afford to give it away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:44 PM

I guess it comes from my upbringing, even though we are struggling really hard I don't want to admit defeat.

Quoting rosesink:

I sell things on ebay all the time.  Paying it forward is a luxury not a law.  Don't let anyone make you feel guilty

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I feel cheesy putting up for sale our kids baby stuff and co-sleeper, bouncer, etc. when I would love to just pay it forward to someone...  But, we had the business we were working on go under, then a fire, then our heating system crapped out, then a demotion, and we're in debt.. and it's like are you serious??  Selling stuff on the local swap but I really would rather just give things away... but we just don't have the money... I keep wondering where this or that bill will come from and hubby does an extra job for a friend.  Or I sell something.

momjeansrcool
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM

I belong to a local moms group on FB and we sell stuff to each other all the time. Two days ago I bought a dress and a coat for $20. Today someone was selling a breast pump. I'm totally ok with it. It's moms we all get to know so we know where the used items are coming from, and we're all helping each other. Twice a year our community does a huge mom 2 mom sale where people sell all their used childrens items and buy stuff they need. The lineup is always out the door and the moms are from all walks of life. Even rich gals like a good deal! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)