Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chemo Mom's (Advice)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

My ds 2 started chemo last week, and it is a lot to take in. He is on Dexamoethasone daily and Etoposide treatment twice weekly. He also gets intrathecal (straight into his spinal cord) Methotrexate and Prednisone, twice weekly.

Right now we are battling mouth sores and dryness, and low platelet counts so lots of bleeding.

From moms that have been here, what more should be expected. Do you have any home remedies to share to battle side effects, or things that made chemo easier on your kids? And over all what would advice would you give a mom dealing with chemo?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM

bump

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:39 PM
I was just a kid when my little sister had cancer. I just want to say I'm wishing y'all the very best. Here's a bump, hopefully someone will be more helpful than I.
csh.1310
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM

I have no advice but I wish you lot's of luck and a merry Christmas : )

rebock
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM

The mouth sores are probably thrush. I had thrush all through my chemo. Yogurt helps soothe the mouth & helps balance out the yeast in the mouth.  Try to cut out as much sugar from child's diet. Thrush feeds on sugar.

Good luck to your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Quoting Danesmommy1: I was just a kid when my little sister had cancer. I just want to say I'm wishing y'all the very best. Here's a bump, hopefully someone will be more helpful than I.

Thank You!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)