Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe that the amount of sleep ..?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Do you believe the amount of sleep toddlers and children get each night, affect their behavior ??

My kids goto bed at 8-8:30 (9 on Friday and Sats) and wake up between 7:30-8:30. And they're down right insane- I exaggerate but they're very very very active little stinky boys.

My neighbor on the other hand, doesn't have a sleep schedule with her kid and she can go to bed anywhere from 11pm to Midnight (I most certainly hear her running up and down every night) even on school nights, and she's kinda a little more behaved. She has a smart little mouth but she actually listens :-/

This week has been one of those "Am I even doing this Parenting thing right?" type of weeks

Blah ! :-/
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM
A lack of sleep effects anyone. So, yeah..
Maybe she is too tired to misbehave. Lol
Seriously, though, your kids have a good schedule, IMO. Some kids are just super active. Dd1 has been a good sleeper from 3-4 more nonths pn, and is ridiculously hyper. She acts MORE hyper when she doesn't sleep. It's like she goes completely ape crazy from sleep deprivation.
DD2 is a terrible sleeper, but it's still to early to tell what that does to her. She is crack head hyper, as well.
KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:09 PM

As the parent of a 2 year old, I absolutely believe that the amount of sleep a toddler/child gets affects their behavior. I can definitely tell when DD has not gotten enough sleep. She is a typical toddler, so she doesn't always listen perfectly even if she's had enough sleep but the temper tantrums, surliness, and attitude problems definitely increase when she is tired!

DD goes to bed between 8:00 and 8:30 pm every night, unless we have something special planned. She wakes up somewhere between 8:00 and 9:00 am every morning. She also usually takes a short nap somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon, especially if we plan to be out later in the evening.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM
No one in my family listens to me when I say watch my sons sugar they all sneak him cookies. Seriously if my son starts going over a certain Amoy t he stars becoming a hyper emotional train wreck you can't even say hi with him melting down. He's 4... But when I watch his sugar and limit the sugar he is completely fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:13 PM
My kids are hell on wheels when they don't get enough sleep.
MagicMary
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM

Usually. I've kept a tight schedule on my son since he was old enough to have a bedtime, always.... he's 5 now. His bedtime has ALWAYS been 7:30.

The only shitty shitty part especially now that school has started and we wake up 6:30 weekdays, is that he wakes up that early on weekends too. It sucks. I want to let him stay up but not sure yet lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)