Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this be too tacky? Added pics.

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM
  • 36 Replies

Poll

Question: Which would you use?

Options:

Sharks

Sneakers

Chucks

Princess

Other...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 46

View Results

The dog just ate Cassie Mae's dress shoes. I don't know why, he's always a good dog but he has been BAD lately. We're looking into it.

Anyway, she's 2. We're leaving first thing in the morning to go get our Santa pictures done. I'm going with my mom and her husband, I will not have time or energy or the ability to stop and get different shoes. Her dress is dark blue with silver embroidery and sparkling stars around the bottom. Very pretty. Here's what I'm working with...

A pair of bright purple croc-type shoes that are shaped like sharks. They have jaws in the front, big eyeballs on the top, and fins in the back. (She picked them out, lol)

A pair of well worn sneakers that she plays hard in. They're lime green and hot pink and the velcro straps are sort of fraying. They're play shoes.

Hi-top chucks that are bright red with white polka dots.

And a pair of silver dress-up shoes with sparkly silver bows on top, like the kind you get with a princess dress-up set. They're not "real" shoes. They're the ones I'm leaning towards, but it feels on the tacky side.

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smalltownteddy
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Princess shoes.
nazgor
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM
I'd do the silver dress up shoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:08 PM

Thanks. I feel like it's such a dumb thing to even worry about... My boys were so easy to dress up, lol.

Quoting smalltownteddy: Princess shoes.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Thanks.

My first time planning a pretty little girl's Christmas pictures, lol. I know I'm over thinking it. Boys are easy.

Quoting nazgor: I'd do the silver dress up shoes.

smalltownteddy
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey, I have a girl and two boys. The shoe struggle is real.

Quoting Zazayam:

Thanks. I feel like it's such a dumb thing to even worry about... My boys were so easy to dress up, lol.

Quoting smalltownteddy: Princess shoes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM

I would either wake up at the ass crack of dawn to buy her new shoes, or just go without. New, clean, white socks would be a lot better than anything you've described. At 2 years old, shoe-less pics are still within the acceptable range.

nazgor
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome.

I only have a boy, so it's always easy for me. I care and he never seems to lol

Quoting Zazayam:

Thanks.

My first time planning a pretty little girl's Christmas pictures, lol. I know I'm over thinking it. Boys are easy.

Quoting nazgor: I'd do the silver dress up shoes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Just bring the toy shoes to change into for the pics. Then back into real shoes , even gross old tennis.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM

It's on the chilly side so she'll probably wear black stockings. I could go without shoes though...

Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I would either wake up at the ass crack of dawn to buy her new shoes, or just go without. New, clean, white socks would be a lot better than anything you've described. At 2 years old, shoe-less pics are still within the acceptable range.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:14 PM

Yeah that's what I was thinking, I don't want her clomping around in those things all day, lol. They're so loud...

I just want pretty Christmas pictures.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just bring the toy shoes to change into for the pics. Then back into real shoes , even gross old tennis.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)