Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just venting........yes it is about Christmas and yes, I know it is the same day every year..........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

I am posting anon because I don't want to be accused of coming here asking for help.  

I am here because I am just frustrated.  It seems that everything that can go wrong, has over the last three months and it sucks.

Yes, we had planned for the holiday, no we did not plan for job loss, illness and a death in the family.  Of course on top of all that the vehcile broke down on top of it.

Our savings has been blown through. We don't qualify for PA. While in transition, the savings we had was used to keep us afloat.

Unemployment barely covered the COBRA payments.  Luckily, we do have one income but it will not be a full check until after Christmas.

We celebrate Christmas with family and friends... it is a get together of good food, good company and gifts for the kids.

This year we are not going to be able to buy the gifts for the kids.  The gifts are not anything extravagant. Each child usually gets one want and one need.  This year, well, because of the unexpected crap this will not happen.  No one is going to be scarred for life over it but I am sure they will be a bit disappointed. No temper tantrums but I am sad that they will return after break and when asked about their Christmas, they will not be able to share any stories about what presents they received.

It sucks because they are just kids.  They didn't ask for any of this.  Yes, we can afford our kids, no we don't live above our means.  Shit just happens and the kids are the ones that will face the disappointment.  

On the bright side, our savings should be replenished and we will be back on track by April or May.  Taxes have nothing to do with it since we pay them every year.

Funny, each childs' want was the same as their need.  New shoes.  All of them outgrew their shoes.  My want for each one was a new outfit but all of it is out the window.

It is a time like this where it sucks that we have no family outside of us and the kids.

Thank you for letting me vent.  I am sure I will get those that say I shouldn't have kids, I suck as a parent and I need to get rid of everything I own in order to provide for the kids.  I kind of expect that since I am posting in MC and I know the drill. I also know there are kind women here that will understand that life happens.

Either way, I feel better getting that out.

Have a wonderful night.

Have a Wonderful Christmas Season.

angelreindeer 1

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Make Christmas day about family fun. Watch movies, eat, maybe volunteer your time somewhere, go to church, whatever... Make the day special in other ways.
wamom223
by Platinum Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:44 PM

You should look into some programs in your area.  Toys for tot's or something similar.  

momma-moo
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Presents are not the pinnacle of the holiday season. Make and decorate cookies together, watch Christmas movies, play board games and drink hot cocoa, read Christmas stories, make handmade ornaments or other crafts. Spending quality time together creates cherished memories...not the kind of present they receive
lovebug8526
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Whereally are u
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Where really am I??  I am really at my home.

KyBugsMommy815
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I'm sorry. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM

I chose to use this forum to vent. We will spend the holiday together. We will watch the usual movies and make dinner together.  They just won't have the gifts that they usually get.  

I know it isn't about the presents.  It isn't like the kids are showered with electronics and crazy stuff. They asked for shoes this year.  Not any expensive designer brand stuff, just shoes that fit them.  I don't think that is really demanding.

I have an ad on CL to do some odd jobs to try to bring in enough money to get the shoes.

I just am frustrated and needed to vent.   So, I did.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:01 AM

Good idea... I'm sorry your Christmas didn't work out OP, I think some of these women don't realize that things happen beyond a person's control and unless you have an insane amount of savings (which they think you should) you have to go without.

I hope you have a good Christmas anyway. Maybe spend as much time playing games, or doing activities with your family as you can.

Quoting squeekers: Pretend you are in Australia and let xmas be in June.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM

I like this idea.................. no snow..............

Quoting squeekers: Pretend you are in Australia and let xmas be in June.

LuckyStar333
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Can you afford a few Christmas toys from Dollar General store or biglots ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)