Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you really expect a "Congratulations"?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
I found out today that my 14 year old niece is pregnant. My niece told us, and she's thrilled. Her announcement was a cute little framed picture of the ultrasound. At first I was just kind of in shock, but after she left, I asked my sister what the hell she was thinking. To which she said, I'm a horrible aunt for not being happy for my 14! year old niece having a baby.

And I'm not. I'm pissed, upset, and angry at my sister. She KNEW my niece was having sex, and didn't get her on birth control, or talk to her, or try to stop her, and now, she's happy to be a grandmother. My sister was a teen mother. She and her husband are still on welfare. They can't make ends meet, have no education, and my sister is a sahm because she's too lazy to work, and her husband bounces from job to job. They've asked us multiple times this year for money to pay their bills. My niece is a brilliant, a straight A student, she could have made it out of the poverty that she's grown up in. But now, her life is over. Yes, I know, some teen moms can make it out. But her mother was a teen mom, and her older sister was a teen mom, and they're all living well below the poverty line. So no, I won't be saying "Congratulations".
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:57 PM
She wouldn't get one from me either. Damn... 14?
thetrollcat
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM

congrats!

MagicMary
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think you need to congratulate them, or be happy about what happened. But can't change it now, so just continue to be a positive force in their lives, clearly they need one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM
I'm with you l, a 14 yo getting pregnant is not something I'd celebrate and be proud of
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Ugh that's awful. I wouldn't congratulate that either.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM
I wouldn't say congratulations either
SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Yikes. That is just beyond sad. I'm actually at a loss for words. 

Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:01 AM
She wouldn't get it from me either.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Uh yeah no
.PinkHart.
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 12:03 AM
That's awful. I was no better. I got pregnant at 15. I never considered my life as "over", but it was extremely challenging to get to where I am today. I could never see happiness in someone that young being pregnant. I wasn't happy with myself and would never have expected anyone to be happy about it then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)