Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For mamas in colder climates...

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 31 Replies
What shoes are you wearing this winter? I need new shoe suggestions. Preferably warm and comfy. But nice enough to not look sloppy.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Regular work boots. I think they're timberlands.
My lugz died last year.
AnnieDk13
by AnnieBelle on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Ugg moccasins...at least until I'm no longer pregnant.
momma-of-three3
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Would those work in Minnesota? I've found cute ones, but snow+weird above 35 winter+moccasins doesn't sound like the best equation.

Quoting AnnieDk13: Ugg moccasins...at least until I'm no longer pregnant.
heavenly1462
by Jessica on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
I usually wear ugg knock offs or riding boots.
momma-of-three3
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Bumpity bump bump
AnnieDk13
by AnnieBelle on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I'm in Iowa and between two pregnancies and a knee surgery within a year, it's my second winter with them. I just treated them with the water repellent and try to avoid snow drifts and stuff. They're warm and have held up well. I'll probably get a cute pair of snow boots in January but still wear them from time to time.

Quoting momma-of-three3: Would those work in Minnesota? I've found cute ones, but snow+weird above 35 winter+moccasins doesn't sound like the best equation.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
i just wear my normal closed toe heels, as long as there isn't ice. I have some knee high boots with heels, a oair of flat slouchy knee high boots, a few pairs of regular flats, slouchy ankle boot, plus of course sneakers and snow boots. Sometimes I'll wear my snow boots into work, and change my shoes into heels when I get to my desk.
ambrossious2000
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Cow boy boots from tractor supply, they are warm, comfy and water proof

momma-of-three3
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:21 AM
Congratulations on your pregnancies. The lack of snow accumulations this winter probably solves the snow drift problems, it's just the huge puddles and snow/slush that is currently everywhere.

Quoting AnnieDk13: I'm in Iowa and between two pregnancies and a knee surgery within a year, it's my second winter with them. I just treated them with the water repellent and try to avoid snow drifts and stuff. They're warm and have held up well. I'll probably get a cute pair of snow boots in January but still wear them from time to time.

Quoting momma-of-three3: Would those work in Minnesota? I've found cute ones, but snow+weird above 35 winter+moccasins doesn't sound like the best equation.

AnnieDk13
by AnnieBelle on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Thank you :)
Hmmm..that does make it tricky. Anne klein makes a really cute/functional winter boot.
It's rather difficult to look put together during the winter, in states like ours..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)