Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Gifts For My Daughter

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
  • 27 Replies

She needs a new laptop.  But she and I have a plan to go shopping after Christmas for that, since we need to really be cognizant of what she'll need for college.  So I ordered her 4 dresses for under the tree.  Except, apparently I didn't.  I was wondering why they hadn't arrived yet.  I remember filling the shopping cart and getting a price.  Why I didn't actually place the order is beyond me.  So I ordered those today.  Realizing there was NOTHING for under the tree, I asked my husband to pick up a giftcard from CVS for American Eagle, so at least there's SOMETHING to open in the morning.  He came back with a card for Aeropostale, which my son told him is the same thing.

Except I've never known my girl to shop there...ever.

I guess I can sit her down tomorrow and we can look at pictures of her dresses online.

Oh...and I screwed up her birthday present too.  I thought we were due for new phones this month, and I'd told her she can get the iphone...finally!  She's been the only one of her friends who uses a stupidphone for over a year.  So I took both kids to the AT&T store yesterday to get birthday phones...the boy's birthday was yesterday and the girl's is in 2 weeks.

But we aren't eligible for new phones until March.  Nice lady at the store gave them candy canes though.

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:10 AM
That's just poor planning.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Oops.
Well make her out a pretty coupon that entitles her to new clothes plus a laptop during the aftwr Christmas sales lol. Either do it on the computer or by hand but make it tonight.
Bieg9093
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's just poor planning.

You are correct. 

weeping_angel
by Don't Blink on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Damn that sucks
Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM
1 mom liked this

She is going to college, this isn't a big deal.  She will understand.

Bieg9093
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bleumonster: Oops. Well make her out a pretty coupon that entitles her to new clothes plus a laptop during the aftwr Christmas sales lol. Either do it on the computer or by hand but make it tonight.

I went through my stash of old Christmas cards and found one talking about "the gift of love this Christmas."  I put the giftcard in there and wrote that I hope she enjoys her gift of love, because apparently actual presents were beyond her mother's competency level this year.

I'm lucky she's a patient kid who gets me.

Dewinter
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Start making I O U cards. Make one for lunch ,just the 2 of you, laptop, dresses, salon day. I know it's not what you wanted but it is something that she could open 😊
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM

i'm going to read this post to my teen tomorrow and then wallow in his adoration of me as he opens up his ballin ass gifts. thanks!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM
It gets so stressful this time of year.. I think she will understand.. by the way American eagle is way better than Aero..
Bieg9093
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

i'm going to read this post to my teen tomorrow and then wallow in his adoration of me as he opens up his ballin ass gifts. thanks!

Glad to be of service.  Merry Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)