Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love you son.. but shut your mouth

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
  • 15 Replies
My ods is high functioning Autistic, and adhd. He has zero filter, even when told things directly, he will still blurt things out. He is six, my other boys are ss4, ds3, & ds 2 months.

Well we celebrated christmas on xmas eve for ss, and bil dressed up as santa and brought gifts. Ds3 & ss4 were all into it, ds6 blurts out "that's uncle" I pull him aside, say "stop for your brothers, they don't know", then he does it again , dh pulls him out of the room and tells him again to stop and explains it once more. But he did it again.

I love him, and understand its a part of who he is. But it is frustrating as hell.

Well Merry christmas, and happy everything else everyone.

Eta: I am frustrated for the four and three year old whose eyes lit up and got excited, and that ods wouldn't stop after multiple times of one on one explantion at a level he understands (since I know how he works at six), thats what is frustrating.

Now I'm off to bed because I'm sick and have to do more xmas tomorrows at my relatives. Also I meant to post this in a support group but posted in here by mistake.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Wow I wrote this horribly.. note to self don't type on nookhd and breastfeed at same time.
Marihla7
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:09 AM
He has autism.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
Which is why I put in my op that I understand, but it doesn't mean I can't be frustrated. He is very high functioning, he is fully mainstreamed and even though he is in kinder due to ag he test at 1st to 2nd grade level.

He lacks a filter, and has zero understanding of human emotions. He also hurts himself when upset, and lashes out at others.

Quoting Marihla7: He has autism.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM
Just realized I put this in the wrong group, meant to put it in asd support group. Opps
iwasbillpardy
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:14 AM
That would be exceedingly frustrating :( I'm sorry
LyTe684
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:18 AM
Sorry. :(
Marihla7
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Oh sure, frustrating it must be. I don't have ASD children but I have looked after them tirelessly. At one point I was very frustrated. When I had kids, I no longer cared. Maybe you and yours can look at this as a funny story?

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Which is why I put in my op that I understand, but it doesn't mean I can't be frustrated. He is very high functioning, he is fully mainstreamed and even though he is in kinder due to ag he test at 1st to 2nd grade level.

He lacks a filter, and has zero understanding of human emotions. He also hurts himself when upset, and lashes out at others.

1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Its hard teaching a child that what the say can hurt others, when they do not understand human emotions. But he is very intellegent so we are trying more and more to teach him.

I just feel bad for the other kids, that's why we pulled him aside multiple times. He likely understood by the second time he was spoken to, but was either tired or just in a mood. That's what's frustrating about it.

Quoting iwasbillpardy: That would be exceedingly frustrating :( I'm sorry
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:24 AM
I care for my other kids, I don't want them resenting him in anyway. He is the oldest, they look up to him, he's a for the most part great big brother.

The problem is he is smart enough to stop when it was explained clearly, but he continued. Either due to being tired or in a mood, the third , fourth, fifth, repeat of it was what's frustrating.

Quoting Marihla7: Oh sure, frustrating it must be. I don't have ASD children but I have looked after them tirelessly. At one point I was very frustrated. When I had kids, I no longer cared. Maybe you and yours can look at this as a funny story?

Quoting 1TallMamaCA: Which is why I put in my op that I understand, but it doesn't mean I can't be frustrated. He is very high functioning, he is fully mainstreamed and even though he is in kinder due to ag he test at 1st to 2nd grade level.

theTosh.O
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 12:26 AM

That's why I don't bother lying 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)