Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

old people

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this
I grew up close to my great grandparents like close that I was with them daily.Their ways were so much different than people these days.Great grandmom passed away 3 years ago at the age of 94 and she had never driven a car.She never owned a microwave,always perked her coffee,never wore pants only house dresses,always used lard lol,kept the fat of ham to put in her lima beans from poppops garden,never ordered out or had fast food,had 7 children born at home and the phone was a rotary phone lol there's probably so much more but those are the main things that stand out.So do you do anything what would be "old fashion"
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eadyT
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:12 AM
My Grandma did those things as well. I guess I can say I nor my mother did though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:14 AM

I handwash all my dishes.....standing right next to the dishwasher lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I had all of grandmoms houses dresses made into a quilt for me after she passed:) I love it

Quoting eadyT: My Grandma did those things as well. I guess I can say I nor my mother did though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Yup that too and she had a slop bucket and a slop pile outside lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM
My in-laws still have answering machines, dial up and the microwave they bought in the 70's (and use daily.)

They decorated their house once: when they bought it. In the early 70's. You feel like you're on the set of "That 70's Show." They were heartbroken when they had to replace the living room carpet and was unable to find more burnt umber shag carpeting. This was in the 90's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:16 AM
I'm married, a SAHM, have a landline, & don't have a dishwasher. That seems pretty old fashioned around here lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:18 AM
Dial up holy shit

Quoting AngelSinger: My in-laws still have answering machines, dial up and the microwave they bought in the 70's (and use daily.)

They decorated their house once: when they bought it. In the early 70's. You feel like you're on the set of "That 70's Show." They were heartbroken when they had to replace the living room carpet and was unable to find more burnt umber shag carpeting. This was in the 90's.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3: I'm married, a SAHM, have a landline, & don't have a dishwasher. That seems pretty old fashioned around here lol.

We have a landline - with an answering machine. I don't own a cell.

AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM
I know! I keep telling them they need to upgrade, that eventually ISPs will stop offering it. They don't believe me.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dial up holy shit

Quoting AngelSinger: My in-laws still have answering machines, dial up and the microwave they bought in the 70's (and use daily.)

Emycf
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM
Me too! The dishwasher takes three hours and doesn't even get them clean all the time. Much easier if I just do it myself.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)