Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas may be a time for forgiveness

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
But why do some people act as though Christmas means you have to forgive and forget every bullshit, ridiculous thing they've done? Some things can't, won't, and shouldn't be forgiven. And while some can be understood and even forgiven, that doesn't mean everything is all apple pie and hot chocolate, just because it's Christmas.
I was a teen mom. I had twin boys when I was 13. Yes, stupid, no, I wasn't raped. I kept and raised my boys. Their biological father wasn't interested, and couldn't wait to sign his rights over to my husband to adopt them. I got married at 19, we started dating when I was 16, so my husband has been the only father my boys have ever known. Now, suddenly, they're bio father wants to get involved. He called and said 'since it's Christmas' couldn't he see his kids. Uh, no. Just because it's Christmas doesn't mean you can see my children. We tried it once, and it was a disaster. He showed up drunk, ran over our mailbox, and hit one of the boys when he didn't hug him, along with telling our boys that their father isn't really their father. So no. "just because it's Christmas" doesn't mean you'll get jack squat. After making this clear to him and hanging up the phone, his mother calls and starts yelling at me. Something about being a bad parent, negligent, whatever.
Christmas is a time for forgiveness, but it isn't a free for all.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM
Twins at 13?

Damn.
tapies2324
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Wow..lots of input.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM
4 moms liked this
He signed over his rights. Fuck him. I would've gotten a restraining order the first time he layed a hand on my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM
Believe me, it was hell. I love my boys and don't regret having them, but I wouldn't recommend it. And it did work out, so there's that. Well, expect for this idiot popping up again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Twins at 13?

Damn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
That's about where I'm at. We did press charges against him for hitting our son, he got probation, but served it without slipping up.

Quoting KendallsMommee: He signed over his rights. Fuck him. I would've gotten a restraining order the first time he layed a hand on my child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:36 AM
What?

Quoting tapies2324: Wow..lots of input.
handy0318
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM

I agree. They are not his kids and there is no excuse for him showing up and trying to ruin your family Christmas. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM
Exactly. I wish he'd realize that.

Quoting handy0318:

I agree. They are not his kids and there is no excuse for him showing up and trying to ruin your family Christmas. 

rosemagic01
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't really understand he signed over his rights he has no children he doesn't get to come in and out of the picture they have a father he needs to bugger off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
He's apparently going through another phase where he wants to play dad. The last time, it was because he had a girlfriend who didn't like that he had kids he had nothing to do with. I don't know what caused it this time, though I'm thinking probably his mother. He may have donated the sperm to make my boys, but that's about all he did.

Quoting rosemagic01: I don't really understand he signed over his rights he has no children he doesn't get to come in and out of the picture they have a father he needs to bugger off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)