Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Way to ruin my Christmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I have no idea why she thought this would be a good idea, but my aunt decided that this year would be a good year to bring by my birth parents. I'm adopted, I've never met my birth parents, and never cared to. We do have information on them, which is how my aunt found them. And no, it wasn't a caring gesture, this aunt loves to be mean to me, always has been. She showed up on my doorstep with my birth mother in tow today. She'd told my bm that I was the one who wanted to meet her. Talk about awkward. I felt so bad for the other woman. My parents did rescind their invite for Christmas day to my aunt at least, so that's something.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM
I was adopted to. But mine was kinship adoption. My grandmother raised me. But i would go years without seeing my dad. Raised by paternal grandma. And i still to this day dont have a gd relationship with my birthmom. As i didnt met her until i was 13. Then say her again at 17. But im trying. Maybe you can also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM
I really have no interest in trying, and since they're strangers, no relation to my family at all, I have no reason to.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I was adopted to. But mine was kinship adoption. My grandmother raised me. But i would go years without seeing my dad. Raised by paternal grandma. And i still to this day dont have a gd relationship with my birthmom. As i didnt met her until i was 13. Then say her again at 17. But im trying. Maybe you can also.
okpondlady
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:42 AM

How rude!!!

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Very, but this is her. This is the first time she's really involved someone totally innocent in her schemes though.

Quoting okpondlady:

How rude!!!

bcauseimthemom
by imjenndoe on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:51 AM

Sounds like your aunt needs mental help. If she does things like this why don't you cut her out of your life?

I am adopted as well. Recently, I got into an argument with the woman whom is supposed to be my Aunt... my Godmother...she told me that my brothers and I are lucky... my brothers are adopted as well... that my Mom loves us because my sister is really her only child.  

I proceeded to call her by her first name and told her she should share that thought with her sister because I know I was going to share it with my mother as well as my siblings.  She told me that she would never do that. She wouldn't want my mom to have to choose between her real sister and  one of those kids... well... I told her not to worry, I am sure that my Mother will be more than happy to share her feelings on the subject.  That was two years ago... in a not so kind manner my Mom told her sister that she could rot in hell because she has four children and there is no difference in the love she has for them and we are all her real children.  She then told her to not bother contacting her ever again because she no longer had her as a sister.

It isn't like we are kids either.... I am 44, my brothers are 49 and 47. My sister is 39.  This woman never made any comments like this until two years ago.  Crazy insane I tell you.  Every family has one.

Twinklesthecat
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Oh god I'm sorry for your first world problem
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:00 AM
Really?

Quoting Twinklesthecat: Oh god I'm sorry for your first world problem
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Wow. That was uncalled for. You need a reality check. Poor op had not asked to be blindsided by the unannounced arrival of a woman who only wanted to ease her own guilt.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM
LMAOO you're funny

Quoting Sparklepants747: Wow. That was uncalled for. You need a reality check. Poor op had not asked to be blindsided by the unannounced arrival of a woman who only wanted to ease her own guilt.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:15 AM
Not sure how that was funny? I'm often amusing, but I wasn't in this case.

Quoting Anonymous 3: LMAOO you're funny

Quoting Sparklepants747: Wow. That was uncalled for. You need a reality check. Poor op had not asked to be blindsided by the unannounced arrival of a woman who only wanted to ease her own guilt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)