Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I still open presents at my parents christmas morning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

I moved out when my brother was 8. He was devastated that his sister wouldn't be there christmas morning. I promised him that no matter where I lived or how many kids I had I would always be there christmas morning. Well my brother is 18 now and I'm proud to say getting married and having 3 kids hasn't changed things. tomorrow morning gifts will opened at my parents house.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BibliophileMom
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:38 AM
That's good. I thought I'd be the same way..but I love having my own little family now to open presents with first thing in the morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My girls spent the night at my parents and call when they get up. I'm kind if a sucker for what my brother wants. I waited 11.5 years for him.

Quoting BibliophileMom: That's good. I thought I'd be the same way..but I love having my own little family now to open presents with first thing in the morning.

momofhnd
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:42 AM
This will be my 1st Christmas ever not spending it with both my mom and dad, Dad is in the hospital undergoing radiation for cancer, we all here haven't been feeling well and I don't want to make him sick since his immune system is down. So my mom is going to the hospital to spend the day with him and then once she gets back she will come over here and have dinner.
rgba
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:42 AM
That's sweet.

We stay overnight at my sister's even though we only live 40 minutes away, and my parents stay there as well. We've been all staying in the same house on Christmas eve for decades
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM

Sounds sweet.

Quoting rgba: That's sweet. We stay overnight at my sister's even though we only live 40 minutes away, and my parents stay there as well. We've been all staying in the same house on Christmas eve for decades

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:48 AM

I'm sorry to here that. I hope your Dad recovers fast.

Quoting momofhnd: This will be my 1st Christmas ever not spending it with both my mom and dad, Dad is in the hospital undergoing radiation for cancer, we all here haven't been feeling well and I don't want to make him sick since his immune system is down. So my mom is going to the hospital to spend the day with him and then once she gets back she will come over here and have dinner.

momofhnd
by Gold Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Thank you !!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm sorry to here that. I hope your Dad recovers fast.

Quoting momofhnd: This will be my 1st Christmas ever not spending it with both my mom and dad, Dad is in the hospital undergoing radiation for cancer, we all here haven't been feeling well and I don't want to make him sick since his immune system is down. So my mom is going to the hospital to spend the day with him and then once she gets back she will come over here and have dinner.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)