Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so sorry baby came today!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
1 mom liked this
Jesus.

I had my baby today, born at 7:52am. I wasn't due until the end of January, I was 35 weeks, so it was extremely scary having my water break. I also had a very fast labor, just over an hour from start to finish. All in all, a very scary morning.
Apparently, I ruined my sister's Christmas. She was going to announce her pregnancy today. She ended up being thrown out of the hospital room after she started yelling at me, how selfish I am, how I clearly can't use birth control, how this was supposed to be HER day. She's been trying for years to get pregnant, so I can understand her wanting to make a big announcement, but really, I didn't do this on purpose! I thought she reached the height of idiocy when she told me I shouldn't have more kids because she doesn't have any yet, but this takes the cake. The no more kids thing she told me when I announced this pregnancy.

**And before anyone asks why I'm on cafemom, I'm alone in my hospital room, my baby is sleeping next to me, and the nurse just woke me up to take vitals.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:49 AM
Congrats
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:50 AM
Is baby ok?
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Congrats. Hows baby?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
That is insane. As someone who may never be able to have children, I would never, ever do something like that.

Hope you and baby are doin' well!
WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry she's a self centered freak. I'm sure you purposely went into preterm labor just to steal her thunder right? Lol.

Congrats on the baby, try to enjoy the holiday, don't let her ruin it. Merry Christmas! And happy birthday to your little one!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
5 moms liked this
Yes, he's fine, just little. He had perfect Apgar scores and is nursing like a champ. Doctor is planning on letting us go home tomorrow.

Quoting SitaStJames: Is baby ok?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Thank you. He's a terrific Christmas present, though I could have done without the crazy sister :/

Quoting crumpy_gat: Congrats
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:52 AM
Congrats!

And try not to stress over it, she sounds a bit nuts.
supreme_queen
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Doesn't she know that babies come in their own time? How rude of her.
Congrats on your baby. Are you both doing ok?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 1:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Baby is perfect. Small, but perfect, and totally healthy, thank God.

Quoting Hanab818: Congrats. Hows baby?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)