Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm in love with a heroin addict.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
And I have never told him how I really feel. He is my son's bio dad. He has never met DS for good reasons. I have never done heroin in my life. I met him in college and by then he was already an addict. I love talking to him and when I have had a horrible day he is the only one I know that can make me smile but he can never be anything more than he is to me now. Someone I talk to occasionally. During the holidays I struggle with my emotions but I am strong enough to keep them contained. DS and I have a wonderful and stable life but I really miss him right now. This really sucks balls :(
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:10 AM
My parents were heroin addicts, they rarely if ever stop using. Stay strong.
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm in love with an addict as well. He was addicted to herione for 4 years. He has been clean for a long time, though. But I can't say anything bad because I am an addict too. We'll always be addicts that have to manage our cravings every day for the rest of our lives. But we are clean because I don't want my daughter to have a junkie for a parent. She is my main motivation.
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You have a child, for fuck's sake. Run away. Be an adult and find someone else to love. Life goes on, even after your poor past decisions.
sunsetchick34
by Gold Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Well at least you n your child have stability. Work on letting go because of your kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:19 AM
You can love him all day. But don't feel like you can't find love with someone who's better for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:35 AM
That really blows. I'm sorry you went through that. Addiction runs in my family and I've seen it all. I have no control over my heart but I do have control of my brain and I know where that road leads. I'm not willing to risk it. Just sucks on nights like tonight. I know he is sitting in a ghetto in a house falling down around him alone. I just feel bad for him.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My parents were heroin addicts, they rarely if ever stop using. Stay strong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM
I have a hard time understanding where that comes from. I did drugs for years and just up and felt like quitting one day and just did it but I have watched others in my family and friends of mine struggle with it. For some reason I got really lucky but they didn't. I honestly feel guilty for being that way.

It's really cool that you two were able to get through everything the way you have. I really respect that.

Quoting luvmybug: I'm in love with an addict as well. He was addicted to herione for 4 years. He has been clean for a long time, though. But I can't say anything bad because I am an addict too. We'll always be addicts that have to manage our cravings every day for the rest of our lives. But we are clean because I don't want my daughter to have a junkie for a parent. She is my main motivation.
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:47 AM
It's one of those things where one has to be strong when the other is weak. We have that kind of relationship. We sync up like that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have a hard time understanding where that comes from. I did drugs for years and just up and felt like quitting one day and just did it but I have watched others in my family and friends of mine struggle with it. For some reason I got really lucky but they didn't. I honestly feel guilty for being that way.

It's really cool that you two were able to get through everything the way you have. I really respect that.

Quoting luvmybug: I'm in love with an addict as well. He was addicted to herione for 4 years. He has been clean for a long time, though. But I can't say anything bad because I am an addict too. We'll always be addicts that have to manage our cravings every day for the rest of our lives. But we are clean because I don't want my daughter to have a junkie for a parent. She is my main motivation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:50 AM
3 moms liked this
He wasn't a poor decision and I don't know about you but I can't just turn how I feel on and off like a faucet. All I can do is use my brain and determine what my best course of action is based on the facts that I know. Which is what I have done. Love isn't rational and there are really decent people out there that do drugs. I wish life was as black and white as people on the internet like to think it is.

Quoting Sparklepants747: You have a child, for fuck's sake. Run away. Be an adult and find someone else to love. Life goes on, even after your poor past decisions.
Mommy2Bri425
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:51 AM
I'm in love with the coco.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)