Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Next year, we're going to Europe

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I wanted to go this year. And last year, and honestly, every year since I moved out. Europe, or really anywhere but my parents house. My twin always goes though, and asks me to come with her, so here I am. Last time though. I am so tired of having to cater to my sister. She's 26 and living at home with our parents still. She has no education, not even her GED. She has 5 kids, four with her, one with it's father. They're 11, 10, 8, 4, and 2. My twin and I are both college graduates. I have one child, she has none. And every time we're at our parents house, we can't talk about anything but the weather. We can't discuss our jobs, our relationships, and I can't talk about my child, even though he's right there! I'm also pregnant again, and thrilled, it's a very much planned and wanted baby. My mother told me to be nice to my older sister and not mention it.
So next year, we're going away. Europe, Africa, Australia. Maybe even Asia. Anywhere but my parents house.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
I wouldn't want to hang out with a loser like that ether. Family or not
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
What about your kids? And why can't you two discuss those topics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM
What about my kids?

And we can't, because those upset our older sister, and we're just 'rubbing it in'. I'm not sure what we're rubbing in, the fact that she's a loser, or that she's ridiculous, but whatever. I'm done.

Quoting SitaStJames: What about your kids? And why can't you two discuss those topics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:36 AM
I only go to see my parents, I want nothing to do with my sister.

Quoting Elle.tea.22: I wouldn't want to hang out with a loser like that ether. Family or not
SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM
Will you be taking your kids with you?

Quoting Anonymous 1: What about my kids?

And we can't, because those upset our older sister, and we're just 'rubbing it in'. I'm not sure what we're rubbing in, the fact that she's a loser, or that she's ridiculous, but whatever. I'm done.

Quoting SitaStJames: What about your kids? And why can't you two discuss those topics?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Oh. Yes, of course.

Quoting SitaStJames: Will you be taking your kids with you?

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:44 AM
Awesome. Just wasn't sure if you were taking them with or leaving behind. Which if you were leaving them behind is fine since moms do deserve vacations without kids too ;-)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh. Yes, of course.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:46 AM
I get my alone time :) But something like this, I'd want to take them along to show them.

Quoting SitaStJames: Awesome. Just wasn't sure if you were taking them with or leaving behind. Which if you were leaving them behind is fine since moms do deserve vacations without kids too ;-)

SitaStJames
by *Sita* on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:51 AM
Depending how old your oldest is will enjoy it more and probably remember it more than your youngest.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I get my alone time :) But something like this, I'd want to take them along to show them.

Quoting SitaStJames: Awesome. Just wasn't sure if you were taking them with or leaving behind. Which if you were leaving them behind is fine since moms do deserve vacations without kids too ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:52 AM
He'll be 6 by then, while the baby will only be a few months, so yes, but I still want it to be a family vacation.

Quoting SitaStJames: Depending how old your oldest is will enjoy it more and probably remember it more than your youngest.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I get my alone time :) But something like this, I'd want to take them along to show them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)