Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some of us do actually plan our babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
If a woman is under 30 and has multiple kids, why do people assume they're the result of birth control failure? I hate to break it to you, but some of us really do plan our kids.

I announced my pregnancy today to my parents. We don't see them often, and this isn't something I wanted to tell them over the phone. The first thing they asked was, getting fixed now, so this doesn't happen again? After we told them no, we want more, they said they hope I get an IUD, since we 'can't use the other stuff'. Really? Awesome mom, thanks. I now remember why I barely ever see them.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cleansedbyglory
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:55 AM

:( that sucks! congrats on your baby! <3 how far along are you? <3 Merry Christmas!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I had all 3 of my kids before I was 30 and nobody said anything to me about birth control. But I also had a college degree and a stable marriage which may have had something to do with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
1 mom liked this
20 weeks, we've had some health issues in the past, and wanted to avoid the associated problems with others knowing about the pregnancy. Thank you.

Quoting cleansedbyglory:

:( that sucks! congrats on your baby! <3 how far along are you? <3 Merry Christmas!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:59 AM
I had my first child four months after I graduated with my Bachelors degree, and I'd been married 4 years.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

I had all 3 of my kids before I was 30 and nobody said anything to me about birth control. But I also had a college degree and a stable marriage which may have had something to do with it.

missmars786
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 3:00 AM
Mine were both surprises..I'm 25...awkward...

Congrats on your pregnancy! Some people just can't understand the joy of having multiple children, I suppose. Sorry you had to got through that : (

Inshallah you have a Merry Christmas and no morning sickness!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Mine were both planned.

Congrats to you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Mine was planned. Had her right before my 19th birthday. I'll bet that will boggle some minds.
lilmama2be
by Silver Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:52 PM
My second was planned, however the one I am currently preggo with was not. And of course, I got the same comments. Are you going to get your tubes tied? Uhh no...I still want one more, not that it is your business. It is no one's business but my own actually.
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:54 PM
First was planned second was a miracle for me. But I'm sort your parents were so rude :(. I will never understand who people can say things like that. Don't worry about them enjoy your little ones :).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:00 PM
I understand. I have 4 children and my mom never once had anything nice to say after any of my announcements. I got better reactions from neighbors and casual acquaintances than from her. She raised me in poverty and can't accept that my husband and I don't live that way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)