Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I'm not a Scrooge by any means, and it's not about Religion at all. So the question i ask is.... is it wrong for me to feel that Christmas/Yule is just another day to me? Raised in a Christian family with Christian beliefs Christmas has always been a wonderful time of year. Then a few years back i found MY own Religion/Spiritual path, it became all about Yule and how wonderful that was to me. Now i find that here in the last two years the day just seems like another day to me.... only with the added stress of what to get for whom, and what to say to whom, and the ever so joyous watching what you say around others. It honestly has felt like sitting in my living room watching old westerns and "how it's made" has become more exciting then dealing with all the people around.

OK now that I've read what i wrote i guess i do sound more Scroogeish then i wanted to LOL. I don't mean to really, I just feel i lost all reason to celebrate another day on the calender .

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
csxt99
by Jennifer on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds normal to me. If I didn't have kids, I wouldn't bother with any of the muss or fuss at all.

luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:31 AM
I don't think you're in the wrong. My dd will not be with me and we are just acting like it's just another day, too. We don't practice any religion or have any real spiritual beliefs. So I see where you're coming from.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:32 AM

I'm with you OP. I'm just not into it and don't want to be bothered with all the decorating and extra baking and cooking. So, this year I had a good excuse not to and I'll enjoy this day much more than I have in the past because it's just another day and Im not going to be spending all day in the kitchen like I did THanksgiving! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:34 AM
Honestly if I didn't have my three littles I would try to sleep through the day. My ex has my older two kids and is refusing even a phone call unless I get back with him... nevermind I'm married with three other kids, and my husband and I are fighting. I'm sort crossed but I'll put on a fake smile and pretend.
collectivecow
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 5:37 AM

You sound perfectly normal to me. I'm Jewish and its pretty much always been that way for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)