Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IDK whch is worse toddlers or husbands---Bead in her nose....

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:19 AM
  • 23 Replies

DD2 came up to me pointing to her nose & saying "Nose hurt." So I look in her nose & she stuck a bead up there. I kinda laugh about it & tell hubby. BIG major mistake. He starts freaking out! He swears that a bead in the nose is the worst thing ever.... Even though Im willing to bet 8 out of 10 toddlers at some point get one in their nose & I have never heard of a kid dieing from it. Im trying to calmly have DD let me look in her nose & see if we can get it out but hubby is freaking out so bad it in turn is freaking DD out & making her scream. So Im having to hold her down with her kicking and screaming (who new toddlers could be so strong) DH has the bright idea to get a straw and try to suck it out with his mouth... That didn't work... We end up almost fighting because Im trying to get him to freaking calm down. He's YELLING at me about how we need to get the bead out or hes going to call and wake someone up (at 2am mind you) to take him to the ER with her(He would have drove there but the nearest hospital is in the next town and we don't have the gas right now). & then gets pissed at me when I raise my voice to tell him to shut the hell up so I can calm DD down, who is crying and freaking out because of him. OMG it was a mess all over a damn bead. I finally get him to shut the hell up, I get DD cal by downloading a game for her on my phone which gives me time to google the best way to get a bead out without going to the ER. Finally got it out by plugging the other side of her nose & blowing in her mouth. Just so you know if your toddler ever sticks something up their nose this works amazing. Took 2 blows, one to loosen it & the other got it out. But all I can think is that if he would have just stayed freaking calm instead of flipping out like she was dieing, this could have been done without the 2 hour freaking fight!

IDK if it is just me but when kids do shit like this it does not freak me out, never has. Its a normal kid thing. They stick things in places they don't belong, touch things they are not suppose to & will probably color on your walls at some point. This is all shit that, when they are still little, I tend to just laugh at. Why do men have to freak out so bad? He did say sorry for the way he acted after it was all said and done. And like always admitted I was right & he over-reacted... AGAIN!

Anyway that is my rant/vent lol. Hope everyone else is having a much calmer start to their Christmas lol. Merry Christmas!!

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:23 AM

Merry Christmas! Lol. I can just imagine how this all went down. Enjoy the rest of your day! You gave me a good laugh this morning.

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:29 AM
1 mom liked this

There are so many times I sit back and think "God we could be a reality show." lol. Thank you. Glad I could make you smile. Have a great & safe Christmas

Quoting blessed107:

Merry Christmas! Lol. I can just imagine how this all went down. Enjoy the rest of your day! You gave me a good laugh this morning.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:36 AM
This is my dh too! Proper extreme! Ds,3, will go to kick something like a cup say, and dh will freak out "stop you're going to break your toe" or other things "you'll dislocate your shoulder" "your finger will break" yada yada yada
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:39 AM
lol I was going to post the blow in the mouth trick. I'm an ER nurse and sometimes we will do that in triage and save parents the hassle of actually checking in.
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:43 AM

Lol. Yep. My sister is also like this. We went to the playground with my littles & her littles who were 2 & 3 at the time. OMG she was the worst kind of helicopter mom ever! I kept telling her "Your kid is not going to die on the slide. Back up a little" & she was watching DD2(who was 1 at the time) play and kept saying "She is crazy & so brave." I was just like no shes a normal kid her age lol. Hubby does not freak out TO bad everytime they get hurt. But there are just certain thing, thing I consider normal & don't bug me, that he freaks about. But he was raised so different than me.

Quoting MagicMonkey: This is my dh too! Proper extreme! Ds,3, will go to kick something like a cup say, and dh will freak out "stop you're going to break your toe" or other things "you'll dislocate your shoulder" "your finger will break" yada yada yada

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:45 AM

This is why sometime I LOVE google sometimes. I hate the ER especially with little kids. So I usually will see if it can easily be handled at home. Unless it is really bad obviously lol.

Quoting MooseMomma: lol I was going to post the blow in the mouth trick. I'm an ER nurse and sometimes we will do that in triage and save parents the hassle of actually checking in.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:46 AM
Dh is exactly like her, he actually said to me about a week ago that I should have him taken away because he's come home from being out with me with bruises and scrapes and stuff! Moron!

Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486:

Lol. Yep. My sister is also like this. We went to the playground with my littles & her littles who were 2 & 3 at the time. OMG she was the worst kind of helicopter mom ever! I kept telling her "Your kid is not going to die on the slide. Back up a little" & she was watching DD2(who was 1 at the time) play and kept saying "She is crazy & so brave." I was just like no shes a normal kid her age lol. Hubby does not freak out TO bad everytime they get hurt. But there are just certain thing, thing I consider normal & don't bug me, that he freaks about. But he was raised so different than me.

Quoting MagicMonkey: This is my dh too! Proper extreme! Ds,3, will go to kick something like a cup say, and dh will freak out "stop you're going to break your toe" or other things "you'll dislocate your shoulder" "your finger will break" yada yada yada

Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Oh wow. I would so have punched him. I can only imagine what he would say to be about my kids. I think their legs are more bruise then they are skin! lol. They are always falling or bumping into things.

Quoting MagicMonkey: Dh is exactly like her, he actually said to me about a week ago that I should have him taken away because he's come home from being out with me with bruises and scrapes and stuff! Moron!
Quoting Mrs.Elsey8486:

LeahsMommy779
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:08 AM
Lmao!!! Merry Christmas! If it helps I stuck a pinto bean in my ear as a kid . Lmao . Sad part is I was old enough to remember what happend ! Lol smh . I dont know what the hell got into me to do that hahaha kids do weird shit . Lol. *Shrugs*
Mrs.Elsey8486
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

My DD8 stuck a bead in her ear when she was 5. We did go to the ER that time, because there was no way to get tweazers or anything in there. They flippen put vasaline on a q-tip and got it out. That was when I decided to never go to the ER for something like this again. IDK what it is with my kids and beads lol

Im sure I probably did it when I was young to. & I think one of my sisters did.

Quoting LeahsMommy779: Lmao!!! Merry Christmas! If it helps I stuck a pinto bean in my ear as a kid . Lmao . Sad part is I was old enough to remember what happend ! Lol smh . I dont know what the hell got into me to do that hahaha kids do weird shit . Lol. *Shrugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)