Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get to see my daughter for Xmas :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Because I relapsed. Now I have to go through a 5 week treatment program and then MAYBE I'll get to see her. I am the worst mother out there.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 25, 2014 at 6:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I feel bad for your daughter. Your addictionis more important then your child 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Well you won't be winning Mother of the Year, but at least you are in the right place. Hopefully she'll be angry with you and never fully understand what it's like to be addicted to something, but hopefully she'll also find empathy and come to understand you were trying to get better not just for yourself, but her as well.
TisHerself
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:51 AM

Use your disappointment as motivation to stay clean. 

Good luck, OP. 

spooky415
by Emerald Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:52 AM
At least you're getting help.

My cousin won't do anything to help herself anymore. Everything is someone else's fault-even blaming prostitution on her 5 year old. She's dosgusting.
JIJsMom
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I'm glad you're getting help, but it makes me so sad for your daughter. Nothing is more important than one's child - a weakness for drugs/alcohol included.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM
I just wish it wasn't at the time when her body is going through changes she doesn't understand that I have the answers to since she doesn't feel comfortable talking to anyone else. At least she has her phone and can call me anytime, which she does. I just want to be there in person. To hug her and tell her I'm fine. That everything will be ok. You know? I feel so ashamed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:21 AM
My mom went into rehab when I was 12. I was scared what would happen to her. Eventually, once she was fully sober, I got to visit her. Knowing she was surrounded by super nice people helped. The 10 years of sobriety that ensued were amazing...followed by a 6-month relapse :(

She is sober again now, about 6 years of sobriety so far.

I am sorry you suffer with addiction. I hope you are able to take every day as it comes.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:24 AM

I hope you get sober. Sadly, most people don't. It isn't as easy as people on cm believe. Well, getting sober is one thing, staying sober is the hardest part.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Thank you for you story and kind words. Addiction is something I will always struggle with but I will hang on, if not for me, then for my daughter. She deserves a healthy, happy mother.

Quoting Anonymous 4: My mom went into rehab when I was 12. I was scared what would happen to her. Eventually, once she was fully sober, I got to visit her. Knowing she was surrounded by super nice people helped. The 10 years of sobriety that ensued were amazing...followed by a 6-month relapse :(

She is sober again now, about 6 years of sobriety so far.

I am sorry you suffer with addiction. I hope you are able to take every day as it comes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:25 AM
True words.

Quoting Rangermom772:

I hope you get sober. Sadly, most people don't. It isn't as easy as people on cm believe. Well, getting sober is one thing, staying sober is the hardest part.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)